One for the machinists/3D Printers and generally more practically usefully skilled burners....

Ackland

chats d'élevage
I have an issue....

I have lost a lever pivot bolt from my ~2015 Formula R1Racing brakes and Formula subtly changed the interface sometime around 2017/2018.

The change was so subtle that the Distros and Dealers hadn't even noticed until I ordered in some replacements and they didn't fit.

Could someone....
Custom machine or 3D print me a bolt/nut set?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I have an issue....

I have lost a lever pivot bolt from my ~2015 Formula R1Racing brakes and Formula subtly changed the interface sometime around 2017/2018.

The change was so subtle that the Distros and Dealers hadn't even noticed until I ordered in some replacements and they didn't fit.

Could someone....
Custom machine or 3D print me a bolt/nut set?
New bike time.

But seriously, a photo or two would help show the capable folks what they'd be taking on.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
New bike time.

But seriously, a photo or two would help show the capable folks what they'd be taking on.
So....
YeOlde version was a single Bolt/Nut Combo with 4mm hex fitting

New version was Bolt/Nut with 3mm hex and some replaceable alloy shims to eliminate play - YeOlde design has inherent play but it's unnoticeable in use.

To accomodate the new shim system, the bore diameter in the lever and body is bigger so there is no option of "upgrade" to the new variant

Formula no longer stock the part I need

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Another option is if someone has a busted arse RX brake set, the bolts were the same except the RX was steel and the R1R was Ti

Litenbror

Eats Squid
So really it's the shims that are the problem, if you could get something that was the correct inside and outside diameter you could use the new bolt.

Is it possible to get those measurements? I would also consider filing down the shims to get them to fit, it's time consuming but probably the fastest way.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I could 3D print "shims" that match the external dimensions of the original bolt to adapt an M4/M5 bolt + nut through the middle as a temporary measure? But yep, above looks like the best option.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
I could 3D print "shims" that match the external dimensions of the original bolt to adapt an M4/M5 bolt + nut through the middle as a temporary measure? But yep, above looks like the best option.
I think that might be a good future plan as the printed shim would also stop the vibration....

Ebay supplier isn't back on board till February, which is only a week away though.

Someone must have some old stock around locally one would think. Only thing I hate about formula.
Nope. EightyoneSpices try and stay pretty lean on obscure consumables these days with so many models and variants to service.
They same day ship to retailers so none of the shops bother to sit on stock either