One25 or P.2 [just want some oppinions]

Adi

It's my birthday!
Okay, well I am getting a new bike in about 7 weeks, and the two bikes I am looking at would be the P.2 and One25.

Now, yesterday --->STOOGE<--- [:D] noticed that the 03 P series don't have a replacable derraileur dropouts, I have snapped some cheap giant derraileur hangers, but this is the only thing on the P.2 that has got me thinking whether i should buy the One25. I just dont want to risk, having that part of the frame snap, with the One25 it gives me peace of mind knowing that if it does snap, I can replace it.

I do all sorts of riding, most of it would probably jumps and drops, also urban.

I read on pinkbike forums [i think] that norco is not producing 03 One25s anymore :?. I also got no idea on the recommended retail price for the One25.

The RRP for the Specialized P.2 is $1599 AUD

For those of you who have experience with non replacable derraileur dropouts your oppinions would be greatly appreciated :)

A final note: I am leaning towards the One25 more, but I am not shure about its price and availbility in WA.

Thanks for your oppinions/help :)

Adin

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if you've had problems with derailer hangers in the past i think you've answered your own question there.

The Kona Stuff runs around the same money. I'm very happy with mine so far. Just another option to concider.

Roadie Rob

Likes Dirt
I have a P2 which is sweet but I upgraded to a Dj3 fork the deraillier hanger is tough not a standard looking setup if you are looking at Norco I would seriously consider the Sasquatch as the p2 does not like to ride uphills and if you are going to use it as a trail and urban bike it rides alot easier and jumps nice blackdog will back me on this one

S.

ex offender
Out of the P.2 and the one25, I'd get the one25 for sure. I think the rrp is about $100-200 more than the P2, but you get a DJ3, better cranks etc. The P2 my mate's got feels a bit short too, great for skatepark stuff, but felt too short for me even for jumping, altho the owner loves it.

If you're afraid of wrecking a hanger too, I'd definitely get the one25.

S.

ex offender
CHEWY said:
www.mtbr.com
Not so sure about the honesty of some of those reviews mate...

"This bike sukcs,, i Breaked it of a 40 foot drpo and the frok snaapped and the wheels where all buckled"

Not a direct quote, but I've seen things like that... and people who say "I nosedived a 15ft drop to flat, and the fork didn't even come CLOSE to bottoming, it's the best!"

Hard to really take any of it seriously, I find.

stooge

Likes Dirt
Now, yesterday I noticed that the 03 P series don't have a replacable derraileur dropouts
*cough*Credit to me 4 noticing*cough* :D

Had a look at the p3 2day(same frame as p1 and p2) and yeh, the drop out/der.Hanger is super thick, good luck with bending it :)
Adin the kona stuff is a good option, you know how well it works 4 me, so i could see it suiting you very well.

Damo

Likes Dirt
i just got a Kona Roast frame. i've got psylo's on the front and it handles everything. Just rode it in the fellcrag 24hr with some light tyres and forks lowered & the seat up and the next wkend i'm doing Dh runs with some fat tyres and forks wound out. The frame is pretty light, but tough as nails. And it has a replaceable derailure hanger. Plenty of tyre clearance and great handling. Absolutely love it. If you want a bike that can do everything pretty well then this would be it in my opinion.

Some others would be: Rock Mountain Fluid, Craftworks Rail, Trek makes an urban/dirtjumping thing too (i think they call it a bruiser, it looks cool)

Adi

It's my birthday!
Well the One25 and P.2 have almost the same frame geometry. The Kona Stuff is definately worth considering, I think this is going to be a close race... :?

S.

ex offender
Insane said:
Well the One25 and P.2 have almost the same frame geometry. The Kona Stuff is definately worth considering, I think this is going to be a close race... :?
Do they? I was under the impression that the P.2 had shorter chainstays/wheelbase.

andrew

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Socket said:
Insane said:
Do they? I was under the impression that the P.2 had shorter chainstays/wheelbase.
the long p.2 has the same length top tube as the small 125

S.

ex offender
andrew said:
Socket said:
Insane said:
the long p.2 has the same length top tube as the small 125
Yeah, but compare equivalent sizes....

Adi

It's my birthday!
Its all the same in the pictures, and I said almost, isnt that good enough!

correct me on this if i am wrong :)

S.

ex offender
Well personally the P2 feels a bit small to me (in whatever size it is that my mate has), and I'm 6'2". I am really a fan of the one25 though, it's a sick bike.

nodabs

Likes Bikes
i think your best bet is the 125 especially this year it's a really nice bike i have the 2002 125 and love it the new one with decent forks disk etc is a damned good deal

hardtail free rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i would go with 125 they are about $1700 i think they have a better rep then specialized (well i think so). the kona would be good but i think its more expensive :-?