Only a mother would love it

wingy

Likes Dirt
I like it as a built bike but the frame only shots are unflattering. I'll be keen to hear how it rides.

Win

Likes Dirt
I like it as a built bike but the frame only shots are unflattering. I'll be keen to hear how it rides.
Guessing it will ride very well with the CVA suspension.
The Scott Spark will be it's competitor and being of comparable weight will be crucial...it could probably give away 2 or 300grms as it's suspension platform is (arguably) superior
And the SC Tallboy

wingy

Likes Dirt
Guessing it will ride very well with the CVA suspension.
The Scott Spark will be it's competitor and being of comparable weight will be crucial...it could probably give away 2 or 300grms as it's suspension platform is (arguably) superior
And the SC Tallboy
Really curious to see what the RRP is then. I read the Scotts are dear as poison.

DW-1

Dirt Works
Really curious to see what the RRP is then. I read the Scotts are dear as poison.
having absolutely no idea what the Scotts cost...

the Jet9 RDO will have a retail of around $3199

(that's supplied with a Fox Float RP23 with Kashima coating)

Elvis.

Last edited:

dangersean

Likes Bikes
Elvis why will it be over $700AUD more than the quoted US price of $2499USD?

Buying bikes in Australia just isn't fair.

Elvis, not saying it's your fault, just saying it's not fair.

Win

Likes Dirt
If the price of the Scale is anything to go buy...poison and then some

@dangersean...GST for one, 300 bucks
Plus 300 to ship it in, I think DW are pretty close...and get your dealer to throw seatpost or something else in, you'd be stupid to buy it from OS

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
Elvis why will it be over $700AUD more than the quoted US price of $2499USD?

Buying bikes in Australia just isn't fair.

Elvis, not saying it's your fault, just saying it's not fair.
ONLY $700.

If it were 1/2 the cost then I would be asking questions.

Not worth the hassle for so little gain

Roland

Timmy!!!

Likes Dirt
I dont mind it
John, John, John... Let's talk. You do mind it. You really do. It's stupefyingly ugly. So stupefying, in fact, that I'm getting stupid just thinking about it. And typing about it is making worse... I can feel myself becoming... stoooopid....

You sick little monkey! You see what you've done?

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
OK it ain't the most attractive thing but that simple curved top tube 'could' be a work of genius. The curve should allow the load from the headset and the BB to be distributed right along its length rather than be concentrated in joins....works just like a curved dam wall. My call is that the thing will be rather effective...

For the dollars quoted.....and compared to the visuals of recent offerings from Giant & Specialized (especially when considering I jumped on the AX29 bandwagon).....I reckon that if you really wanted a carbon framed MTB (ummm...no) then this is an option you'd be foolish to not consider just because it is aesthetically challenging (a'la 2011 AX29)