Ooooo...That's going to leave a mark!!?!?!?

Reign Rider

Likes Bikes
Wednesday evening 5:30

Lock-up shop....check

Helmet, i-pod, light's, on....check

5 mis down the road eyeing 4x4 off to the left at the stop sign then WHACK!!!!from the right some......
person has cleaned me up across there bonnett & on to the road.

5:50 phone the misso up "Some f#$ken arsehole has just run me over will be late for dinner!!"

Ambo trip to hospital (next towns hospital, local not equiped to deal with serious shit!?!)

8:45 phone the misso " Come & get me, I think I must be the luckest guy alive tonight, just some grazing on my elbow & brused?? cracked?? sore!! ribs ( f#$king sore upper back)

Nice morph trip home

I have had a quick look at my ride since it dosn't too bad. Pedals, rear derailleur are the main things damaged. It's down the lbs now having good going over.

Has anyone had this happen to them if so do you have any advice with incurance ect. Any would be much appreciated

setonz

Likes Dirt
Re: ipod. Only use one ear bud. I am not saying that was the cause of the crash but it increases your awareness when only one ear is plugged up

Scared

Squid
Mate sorry to hear about the stack.
"You" should be covered by the TAC or equivalent in your state.
Your bike is up to the driver of the car, assuming they were at fault.
Of course if you were at fault you might end up paying for their car.
I also assume that since your ass was hauled off in an ambulance there is a police report - it will help if they charge the driver; if they don't you're probably out of luck unless you can convince them to pay up yourself.
So much depends on the circumstances of the stack, the attitude of other driver, and what the police did or didn't do...
Good luck.

Scared

Squid
Oh and yeh, I meant to mention the i-pod.
I won't say don't do it, or that it contributed to the stack, but I don't listen to anything when I ride because I like to have all my senses available to help reduce the bonehead driver risk.
Cheers

scblack

Leucocholic
Oh and yeh, I meant to mention the i-pod.
I won't say don't do it, or that it contributed to the stack, but I don't listen to anything when I ride because I like to have all my senses available to help reduce the bonehead driver risk.
Cheers
Agreed completely. On the road, no chance will I have music on.

trt-reece

Likes Dirt
then WHACK!!!!from the right some......
person has cleaned me up across there bonnett & on to the road.
This is the part I'm most interested in. You say you were hit from the right. Now, was this at an intersection or roundabout? If so, from the right would imply that the driver had right of way and you were in the wrong... Of course, I would be interested to hear exactly how it happened, and along what section of a road it happened (ie, intersection, roundabout, straight road, car turning into a driveway or turning left into a road, etc..) before determining where you would stand with insurance and liability and all that jazz..

Lorday

Eats Squid
This is the part I'm most interested in. You say you were hit from the right. Now, was this at an intersection or roundabout? If so, from the right would imply that the driver had right of way and you were in the wrong... Of course, I would be interested to hear exactly how it happened, and along what section of a road it happened (ie, intersection, roundabout, straight road, car turning into a driveway or turning left into a road, etc..) before determining where you would stand with insurance and liability and all that jazz..
From the way I read it, he was going straight, and to the right of him was a stop sign. He looked left as he passed the intersection and was t boned.
But I could be wrong. Clarify things op?

trt-reece

Likes Dirt
From the way I read it, he was going straight, and to the right of him was a stop sign. He looked left as he passed the intersection and was t boned.
But I could be wrong. Clarify things op?
Ah, missed the stop sign point. Still keen for extra clarification though

Reign Rider

Likes Bikes
Thanks

Thanks for the feed back .....

Yes I was hit from the right & it was a cross road intersection, I was on the main rd, STOP signs to the left & right. The people that hit me were turning right down the side road. I've had assholes cut across me before there but the other night I didn't even see this cars indercator let alone the car.

As for the i-pod I always make sure I can hear approaching car but I may give it a miss for a while now.

downhillar

Likes Dirt
regarding the ipods - depending on what earphones your using you can set the volume at a level where you can hear the music and still be able to hear what's going on in the background to a pretty reasonable level too.

anyway i hope this all works out for you mate, glad to hear you're ok!