opening of track at tabbimobile, any info ?

safreek

hi guys, saw a sign in a bikeshop the other day about a track opening on sunday near wardell. Anyone know what sort of track it is, xc, am, have goggled but cant find much about it. All I can find out is that its about 20 km long. Anyone going there that can give me info, if you don't have a car I can give you a ride out there ( fuck I'm a good bloke ). Thanks for any info:cheer2:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
hi guys, saw a sign in a bikeshop the other day about a track opening on sunday near wardell. Anyone know what sort of track it is, xc, am, have goggled but cant find much about it. All I can find out is that its about 20 km long. Anyone going there that can give me info, if you don't have a car I can give you a ride out there ( fuck I'm a good bloke ). Thanks for any info:cheer2:
From the info I've seen it is a 20km long rhythm section with a and b dirt jump lines.

MTB Rod

Likes Bikes
Sounds like you are referring to the New Italy mountain bike park
Official opening is on Saturday
Information can be found in the facebook page
Northern rivers mountain bike club
Trails are XC -nice loops

safreek

From the info I've seen it is a 20km long rhythm section with a and b dirt jump lines.
thanks for the answer, never done a proper track before so, what is a rhythm section ? and the dirt jump thing, is it on the track or separate. If I have done a reasonable amount of urban should this be a piece of piss. I have halved my yarndi smoking in the last couple of days in preparation so I assume this ride should be easy as. Any idea if there are many hills. cheers

safreek

Sounds like you are referring to the New Italy mountain bike park
Official opening is on Saturday
Information can be found in the facebook page
Northern rivers mountain bike club
Trails are XC -nice loops
thanks mate, don't suppose there is info anywhere else than facebook, it hates me and vice versa ( cue Pastor Troy)

Muznik

Squid
Yep, New Italy MTB Park, I rode a small section of it on Saturday.

Has great potential when finished as there will be a multitude of tracks.
Its just a bit disjointed atm as the tracks don't link up (partly not all completed & partly due to conservation areas)
But a pretty easy ride along the fire trail/dirt roads to get to them.

Had the Mrs with me who still a bit of a novice so didnt explore the back section which apparenly has some nice dowhill sections.
The parts we did would be considered All Mtn/XC.

I had a laugh as a friendly local showed us around a bit & mentioned Jabbas Palace was the roughest track.
My regular is Nerang & the smoothest track there would be rougher by far.

Turn off the highway at the New Italy museum follow the dirt road (New Italy - Swan Bay Rd) to T intersection & turn left (Forest Rd).
This runs down into Cypress and you will come across the newly constructed car park.

Big shout out to Dave from Northern Rivers Dirty Wheels who gave advice & even PM'd me a track map a week before the official opening (this weekend)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
thanks for the answer, never done a proper track before so, what is a rhythm section ? and the dirt jump thing, is it on the track or separate. If I have done a reasonable amount of urban should this be a piece of piss. I have halved my yarndi smoking in the last couple of days in preparation so I assume this ride should be easy as. Any idea if there are many hills. cheers
Rhythm section - tightly packed series of dirt jumps requiring you to be into rhythm to survive...something like this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-4VdRlqaMlI

I have no idea about the trail being referred to. I thought obvious joke was obvious...guess not so much.