NSW Orange Patriot 7+ SOLD

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Item: 2005 Orange patriot 7+ (pretty sure its a medium size)
Location:Southern Sydney. Would prefer a sale in Sydney but will consider posting at buyers expense.
Item Condition:Used but still pretty good. No dents or cracks that I can find.
Reason for selling: Ive been in denial but its time to face the fact that this bike is too small for me. Sad to see it go though.
Price and price conditions:Price drop $1200. And again $1100, and again $1000.
and again $700
Extra Info:I bought this bike in Canada and rode it there and brought it home. Very versitile, 7 inch travel front and back so would be a good learner DH bike for Aussie conditions but also has the single crown forks and dual chainring so you can pedal it round as well. I think you can get an idea of most of the parts off the photos but ask if there are any bits you cant see. Brakes are Shimano of some sort and are the wrong way round as the canadians run their levers on the opposite side of the handlebars to us. They need a bleed anyway so would be a good time to swap them back. Brand new tyres(Minions), 1 ride old, still have the little rubber thingys on them. The fork (Manitou Sherman) is solid enough but has a few issues. There is a little bit of oil leaking from the right stantion.There is a travel adjust (between 5 and 7 inches) but it doesn't always work. I put a tiny nick in one stantion today as well whilst taking a photo :( but it obviously hasn't had time to cause any seal damage which is good. Lastly the post mount brake adapter threads are partially stripped. They have been like this for some time and have seen 3 days riding at whistler and I found some longer bolts today and they seemed to bite really well (I used blue loctite too) so I would be happy to ride it as is but I want to be very honest about this to any buyers. Bike has a 1.5 headset so any fork can go on it. I wanted to keep my pedals so I threw some cheapies on it-they are pretty crap, as is the seat.
Pictures: Yep if you want to see any others let me know.

Stantion mark

Last edited:

dcrofty

Eats Squid
BUmp it up.

There is an 05 patriot frame only for sale at the moment for the same price so you know this is a good deal for a whole bike.

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Price Drop $1100.

Can include a set of Hayes Mag's instead of the Shimano brakes if thats a better option for anyone.

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Perhaps. I'd need to have buyers for most things though.

What are you after?

I'd ideally prefer to sell the bike whole though so shoot me an offer people, you might be surprised.

dcrofty

Eats Squid
I've had an offer for the frame.

If anyone is interested in any of the other bits let me know and If I can shift enough of it I'll split it up.

$900 would get a whole bike though.

IluvmyBike

Likes Dirt
Buy it!

I can attest first hand that this bike is capable of going to all the black diamonds in Whistler as I rode with the seller one day way back when! How the hell are ya by the way! It is cameron with the orange sinister and the crappy red pathfinder. Splinter is still with me, but the truck got crushed. Gov't gave me money to get it off the road (whcih became a fork!).
Anyway, bike is definitely agile and fast as he says. Or else, I am just a mediocre rider... maybe a little of both ;)
peace

dcrofty

Eats Squid
I can attest first hand that this bike is capable of going to all the black diamonds in Whistler as I rode with the seller one day way back when! How the hell are ya by the way! It is cameron with the orange sinister and the crappy red pathfinder. Splinter is still with me, but the truck got crushed. Gov't gave me money to get it off the road (whcih became a fork!).
Anyway, bike is definitely agile and fast as he says. Or else, I am just a mediocre rider... maybe a little of both ;)
peace
Wow, bit of a blast from the past mate. I'm well. Working in southern Sydney. Glad to hear you still got the Sinister, that looked like a good bike. And I'm guessing that you did make the shift to Aus after all. If I'm ever up that way I'll drop in and likewise if you are ever down in Sydney let me know and hopefully I can get out of work and come for a ride.

crofty

dilstubs

Likes Dirt

How the fuck has this not sold! There is a frame on here or was on here selling for more than this complete. Looks like a great AM/freeride bike.
Good luck with sale mate.

dcrofty

Eats Squid
How the fuck has this not sold! There is a frame on here or was on here selling for more than this complete. Looks like a great AM/freeride bike.
Good luck with sale mate.
Thanks, Yeah I'm a little surprised myself.

Anyway, I have my eye on something a little more my size so make an offer, need cash by wednesday.