Orbea

mtbzone

Squid
Hi All,

Bike upgrade on the radar. Looking at Orbea Occam TR H10.

Does anyone know much about Orbea mountain bikes?

In the background considering the YT Jeffsy.

Anyone have any time on the Orbea or YT

fitzroybikeco

Likes Dirt
Hi have the Terra Gravel bike. pretty awesome, build quality is great and would be the same on the MTB range I expect. Have ridden the OIZ XC bike and its also pretty sweet.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, was looking at their site last night. 5.5k frame only. Or for an extra grand you can get a full build kit with a fox 36 and dhx shock. I'd be spending the extra 1k

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
I've ridden the 2017 Orbea Rallon while in Europe last year and was very impressed with it.
Build quality is very very good. I'd have no problems owning one.... actually the new Rallon could be my next bike, depending on what Canyon do with the Strive.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
No Orbea MTB experience. However I'm personally wary of the brand only because I cracked three AL commuter frames within six months, without doing anything special. In fairness warranty was seamless on each occasion.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
No Orbea MTB experience. However I'm personally wary of the brand only because I cracked three AL commuter frames within six months, without doing anything special. In fairness warranty was seamless on each occasion.
Giant.....
Yeti....
Need I go on?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Any comparisons to other frames you’ve had or spent time on Marchmobile ?

How long have you had it ?

Marchemobile

Cannon Fodder
Any comparisons to other frames you’ve had or spent time on Marchmobile ?

How long have you had it ?
Hi, yes in fact I have tried a Niner rkt, specialized epic, Cannondale scalpel and Scott Spark. All I can say is they are all awesome bikes! It's all up to what you are looking for. The rkt, spark, Giant's maestro, etc. they all have similar designs. And the epic, scalpel, ORBEA OIZ are all similar. Both designs suffer some degree of pedal Bob and breaking jack. Some climbs better some decend better. There's no perfect bike to be honest, in the end for me it all comes to aesthetics and geometry. This is because some bike has a more racing cockpit and others more relaxed. Be aware if you want to race Marathon as we are not pros choosing a racing position will result in premature fatigue. Gud luck choosing ur dream FS xc bike!