Other places to ride near nowra

Deano128

Likes Bikes
Hi guys,
I'm down in nowra NSW for work for the 6 months to a year or so and have been riding the local tracks butterfly, coondoo and Super Bowl.
So I'm looking for something different other than these three tracks to ride any suggestions would be great.

Regards
Deano

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

morgs

morgs
Have a look at the Strava heat maps for some idea of where people ride.
If you go out behind the moto track you can access some pretty cool country around Yawal, there's moto singletrack all over the place, some big descents and climbs and a lot of trail that follows the base of cliff lines. Grab an old topo and look for old fire trails in strange places, chances are they're degraded to pretty much singletrack in a lot of cases around there. Look up Monkey Gum fire trail for an example, there's trail all down the western side of the cliffline. Same for the next valley over to the east which is the main Yawal valley. If you like techie riding ask the locals about the Hell Track, it's also moto but way fun stuff in the ring of hills behind Wandandean. Also plenty of nice remote fire trail riding near Porters Creek dam and the old bombardment area.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If travel is no issue Welby is about 1 hour 15 minutes away. Wingello about the same.

You could also do the cannonball run from Fitzroy falls into kangaroo Valley. Great fun if you have someone to pick you up in the valley if not its a nice big climb back out.

Cronar

Likes Dirt
Have a look at the Strava heat maps for some idea of where people ride.
If you go out behind the moto track you can access some pretty cool country around Yawal, there's moto singletrack all over the place, some big descents and climbs and a lot of trail that follows the base of cliff lines. Grab an old topo and look for old fire trails in strange places, chances are they're degraded to pretty much singletrack in a lot of cases around there. Look up Monkey Gum fire trail for an example, there's trail all down the western side of the cliffline. Same for the next valley over to the east which is the main Yawal valley. If you like techie riding ask the locals about the Hell Track, it's also moto but way fun stuff in the ring of hills behind Wandandean. Also plenty of nice remote fire trail riding near Porters Creek dam and the old bombardment area.
You sir are a champ!

I've recently moved down here and have been exploring relentlessly. Does the Hell track you are speaking of head off Cassia Rd? Some of the trails are just below the cliffs that I climb at and I had no idea!

I might head out this week and have a look, i'll report back my findings?

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Look up, Jurassic park, it is a moto track off cassia rd which will test your skills, there is also a rwaly nice piece of singletrack in lake conjola as well but very hard to describe it. Most of the trails down that way are moto trails so if you like your trails nicely groomed your gonna be out of luck.

Cronar

Likes Dirt
Look up, Jurassic park, it is a moto track off cassia rd which will test your skills, there is also a rwaly nice piece of singletrack in lake conjola as well but very hard to describe it. Most of the trails down that way are moto trails so if you like your trails nicely groomed your gonna be out of luck.
Is the Lake Conjola track south of the town, heading towards Narrawalle inlet?

morgs

morgs
You sir are a champ!

I've recently moved down here and have been exploring relentlessly. Does the Hell track you are speaking of head off Cassia Rd? Some of the trails are just below the cliffs that I climb at and I had no idea!

I might head out this week and have a look, i'll report back my findings?
Yep. But if you start from the Wandi fire trail, maybe half a Kay below the DH track, there's trail starting there, which pops out at Cassia. You head down Cassia a ways and there's an insecure entrance to the left as you go out along one of the spurs, just keep an eye out.

struggles

Likes Dirt
Yep. But if you start from the Wandi fire trail, maybe half a Kay below the DH track, there's trail starting there, which pops out at Cassia. You head down Cassia a ways and there's an insecure entrance to the left as you go out along one of the spurs, just keep an eye out.
Yeah that's Jurassic. You have to walk in places but it's not too bad.