otway expeditions downhill track

motormtb

Likes Dirt
Anybody that is looking for a wicked track to ride this has everything.They have 3 tracks down there,a practice track(all natural track which is good fun),a north shore track(also good fun not overly difficult has a seesaw and a corkscrew in it),and a awesome downhill track which is as difficult as you want to make it.Apparently the downhill track is about as long as thredbo(about 6 kilometres).

Me and 4 mates went down yesterday and all of us had a ball.Great guys running the show,turn around times where pretty good,just a great day in general.I strongly suggest you get down there and have a look.

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Me too

I too have ridden there, crazy fun!!!! The DH track isnt all that challenging, ie no big ass drops or jumps but its awesome fun. Just flows really nicely and you can carry huge amounts of speed in some sections

fastrider gus

super huck
great place, its really worth going and checking it out.. the tracks are just so much fun, i almost prefer the practise track over the others just because its so flowy.. they all finish on the last 500m of track which is also one of the best sections..

turtle muncha

Likes Dirt
ive started a few threads on this track.....
ITS FUCKIN WICKED!!
as was said before,
great tracks, great people, great shuttles, great place to be riding.
definatly worth the $$$
as ive said before it is on privet property, and the only reason it costs so much is because of all the insurance hassles.

but i recomend every body gets down there!!

Mtb_Endo

Likes Bikes
wish i knew about this last easter when we were down there for the weekend... Oh well... another one to add to the to do list :)

motormtb

Likes Dirt
apollo bay! $40 includes day lic. etc,$35 if you have amtba lic.! you wouldn't want anymore than 25-30 people there! see novels post for link.!

kb

Likes Dirt
Open for business???

By the above posts it suggests the Otways are open for business for the summer??

Is this correct?

Superman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
catch the XPT train to melbourne, then go on the geelong line to geelong, and then figure out the rest, best done by car ;)

Joe_Dirt

Likes Bikes
Wow thats cool. I'm going up this summer. I was just wondering if I would have enough skill to do the Dh and Free Ride trails. I mostly ride farely challenging XC ,would my Kona Lanai be ok for those trails? I heard they have Giant Warps for rental there too so i might get one of them.Actually i might have my new bike by then anyway.But yeah what level of skill would i need to ride the trails?

DownhillerDeano

Doesn't want a custom title!
Joe_Dirt said:
Wow thats cool. I'm going up this summer. I was just wondering if I would have enough skill to do the Dh and Free Ride trails. I mostly ride farely challenging XC ,would my Kona Lanai be ok for those trails? I heard they have Giant Warps for rental there too so i might get one of them.Actually i might have my new bike by then anyway.But yeah what level of skill would i need to ride the trails?
Yeah, they have GIANT WARPS. I had a school camp down there last year bushwalk/mountain biking. Was quite fun, although I would have liked to have gone back there again without the whinging whining slow girls at the back!!!! lol. What is better is they said use the bike to their full potential, if you buckle a rim or anything, no worries, the guys down there really are great and friendly. Congratulations to them. The bus they take you in is fully done up and always showing MTB DVD's.

Deano

fastrider gus

super huck
Joe_Dirt said:
you should be fine. there is nothing super tech on the tracks and anything that you might be iffy on will have a B line around it. the tracks are easy to ride for beginers and for the advanced riders they are perfect to blitz down.
you might have some trouble on the North shore track if you arent used to that sort of riding, but its a good place to learn and have a go..

dl79

Likes Dirt
otways

Rode there last weekend and had an awesome time. Great people, cool tracks and a shuttle to the top, can't ask for more than that. If you make the effort to go there you wont be dissapointed.

Joe_Dirt

Likes Bikes
Yeah i got my new bike so that should be sweet. Ive done a bit of northshore,some drops and logs rides i reckon ill be ok.