Otway Odyssey 2012

stu-2

Likes Dirt
Entries open next month, boat booked, accommodation booked, time to start getting some serious training in....

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah will do it again, but hope weather doesn't spoil it this time. all I want is to be able to ride the course, not drag bike up and down crappy tracks. Here's hoping.

rearviewmirror

Likes Dirt
Is there usually a GPX of the course posted prior to the event? I realize the course can't be ridden except during the event, but I like to have my Garmin 500 keep track of the location on the course and the remaining distance.

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
Is there usually a GPX of the course posted prior to the event? I realize the course can't be ridden except during the event, but I like to have my Garmin 500 keep track of the location on the course and the remaining distance.
Several of our club members will generally ride the course, (except for the private property in the first 30km) prior to the race.

Just ask again here or over on

www.rideforrest.com.au

For a link

Roland

Grover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will you all hate me if I say I have my fingers crossed for identical conditions? I had an absolute ball last year slip sliding around in the mud. I rode a hardtail though, with plenty of mud clearance...and a monster of a front tyre that kept me pointed somewhat in the direction I intended.

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will you all hate me if I say I have my fingers crossed for identical conditions? I had an absolute ball last year slip sliding around in the mud. I rode a hardtail though, with plenty of mud clearance...and a monster of a front tyre that kept me pointed somewhat in the direction I intended.
Those conditions suit my single speed too. Here's hoping for mud!

Anarchist

Likes Dirt
what bike suits this event, 26 HT or the 29er Anthem ?
I had no issues on a 26 HT. Whatever you prefer for your suffering. Not sure about the 100km course, but the 50 was fine on a HT.

I see that the 50km course will be changed to reduce the red-carpark phenomenon. :clap2:

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Most of us will probably hate you if it pours again. You and stevo should hide after the race because we'll form a lynch mob. :mmph:

adaib

Likes Dirt
I'm keen for the mud again. Whack on the 1.95 RoRo's and a pair of sunnys and away we go.
Gives mean incentive to train for the event, so I don't cop as much of everyone elses mud

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Most of us will probably hate you if it pours again. You and stevo should hide after the race because we'll form a lynch mob. :mmph:
If I get my wish, we'll all be indistinguishable from each other due to the total coverage head to toe of mud and thick, sticky clay. Grover and I should be safe because you won't be able to find us.:playful: