OUR DOWNHILL TRACK! (New Photos/Videos, Page 5)

dezza1994

Likes Dirt
So the holidays have started here in Victoria so me and a few mates decided to build a new mountain bike trail on a mates land.. We started about 10am today and worked through till about 4pm and got a fair bit done.. Were going to continue working on our trail through the holidays and build it up with jumps and a few northshores and it should turn out to be an alright track for us to ride in the future.. The pictures attached are starting at the start of the track and working towards where we got to at the end of our session. In the last picture were going to build a ramp up onto that stump and build a northshore with a metre drop off the end with a downramp kind of thing and continue the track down across a creek.. We didn't cut down any trees either, all logs used were on the ground. :D:D

Attachments

Last edited:

dezza1994

Likes Dirt
We spent two more days on it and have now got a northshore over the stump which actually looks pretty good and a long berm to continue speed into a ski jumps and then a log ride.. Its improve much more.. The pics i posted a few days ago don't do it any justice at all.. Will post more when i take the camera next.. We need it to rain cause i've very very very dusty..

_Ajax_

Likes Dirt
Throw up some photos of your north shore when you get it done.:cool:

Me and a few mates rode to Orbost from Pakenham and we went to the Orbost BMX track, they need a touch up but that was the best council built BMX track i had ever been too.

dezza1994

Likes Dirt

Me and a few mates rode to Orbost from Pakenham and we went to the Orbost BMX track, they need a touch up but that was the best council built BMX track i had ever been too.
I'll take a ride up there now and try to get a few snaps of it mate.. Its not really a northshore.. Its a stump that stands about 1 or a bit more metres high with a ramp up onto it and a ramp down the other side mate.. So call it what you want man.. :D:D Will be back soon

norco4l

Likes Dirt

you rode from pakenham to orbost that would have taken hours

dezza1994

Likes Dirt
Few more.. Heres a new jump just before the log ride were going to make. Had to cut the jump down otherwise we'd be jumping smack bang into the tree.

LOG RIDE IN THE MAKING!

dezza1994

Likes Dirt
Looking back up the track before the jump.

This one below is right before the jump. Were going to make a berm towards the right i think.

This whole corner will soon be one big berm. Corners before ramp over stump.

Not the best picture quality because there from my phone.

_Ajax_

Likes Dirt
The hill that you have looks pritty prime for a nice track aswell, even though its only a little one i would still call that north shore in my opinion. Nice job.

dezza1994

Likes Dirt
The hill that you have looks pritty prime for a nice track aswell, even though its only a little one i would still call that north shore in my opinion. Nice job.
Yeah the tracks only half done so far too.. Once we figure out where the tracks going after that log ride well clear it all and put more jumps and probably another bigger northshore or two mate and few more jumps..

dezza1994

Likes Dirt
Worked on it for 30mins today. The run up to the jumps had eroded a little so i spent the whole time just fixing that up and compacting it in. After the rain last week the track has really come together and now when riding it no dust is created which is awesome and the jump is very solid. Well most likely have to balance log built by next week. We've got to move it to the right a little so when you hit it your not hitting it on an angle.

LapaP2

Likes Bikes
hey man listen i have a permanent site in marlo ocean views carvan park n i go there real often (i live in melbourne btw) and i ride dj i been looking for jumps in marlo for ages n cant find any:confused: recon u could hook us up with your msn n you could show me these n take me there next time im there cheers pm me your msn:)

dezza1994

Likes Dirt
hey man listen i have a permanent site in marlo ocean views carvan park n i go there real often (i live in melbourne btw) and i ride dj i been looking for jumps in marlo for ages n cant find any:confused: recon u could hook us up with your msn n you could show me these n take me there next time im there cheers pm me your msn:)
Yeah for sure man. I'll pm you my details. I also know one downhill track in marlo. Me and a few mates are still building this so its still in the process but i'd love give you a ride of the track mate.