Ourimbah 1st round DH Crashes update

neil thompson

Likes Dirt
A great week end riding for most BUT there was some bad crashes including my son Kieran
Our club preso Wayne (Sedger) crashed big time at last big table top nosedived then landed on bars and it was all over in and out of lala land .3 cracked bones in his vertebra , sternam cracked,lip glued togeather, lung punchered not to bad ,mybe ribs and looks like CRAP.
Then a young bloke I thick poped sholder like to how he is.
A older rider in master mybe sholder how is he.
Then at end of day my son, I was timing up top try to sort out a problem with Glen and Adam at finish then Glen said Kieran had a big one 5 meter from finish 2 ways radio whent blank shit
Kieran hit the first jump which (Sledger crash) to fast hit 2nd near finish nosedived saved it but lost control straight in to the tree on left no brakes about 25kpm didnt even bounce stop dead.
Thanks to Adam (our first aid man)& Glen for looking after him and Kim pick ALL the riders up
Most amazing Kieran has no broken bones that can be found but sill dizzy big headach and laying winging on the lounge cart blame him
Kieran had FULL BODY ARMOUR ON NECK BRACE FULL KNEE PADS AND A TL LID AND IMPRINTS FROM THE BODY ARMOUR ON HIS BODY
As all rider the others riders the ambos did a great job
Who was in emergency beside Kieran in other room Sledger shit he look bad BUT the wolly first said the was sorry to leave us to sort the racing and timing out I thinck the druges were working good he even called me today to see how Kieran was and again sorry about leaving
Both are out of hospital and mending like to know about the others
Cheers Neil

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
oh man!! carnage!! that last part of the track has claimed some victims now!! whats worrying is that these are experienced riders

are there any pics of the bottom section to show how it has changed?

Wishing the boys a speedy recovery