Ourimbah Club Series Downhill Round 2 1 May CANCELLED

harveyp

Likes Dirt
Well if the buses can't get up the road then they can't get up the road. Unfortunately the weather is something that we can't control and we've been very unlucky with it lately trying to hold a race.

The other factor was that the newly built sections have not totally packed in yet and it's in our best interest to have the track as good as possible for the state round in two weeks and riding it today would have caused a lot of damage with no time to repair it for the state round.

There have been plenty of races including national rounds that have been canceled due to bad weather conditions. Take Illinbah for example, first national round last year (canceled due to rain). I know it would suck but it wouldn't be the end of the world. think yourself lucky as the guys in QLD have not been able to hold a race in the last 7 months!
As the former President (now Vice P) of Gold Coast Club at Illinbah I can sympathise with you guy's and poor weather conditions for events. In 14 months we have managed to hold 2 Ride Days and 1 State round whereas previously we would hold either an event or ride day each month! I certainly hope your State Round goes ahead because we are coming down for it and would hate to think rain has buggered our plans again!! On this note, can someone give me a physical address for the track at Ourimbah so I can plot it in my GPS please? Thanks,

razzeldazzel

Likes Dirt
As the former President (now Vice P) of Gold Coast Club at Illinbah I can sympathise with you guy's and poor weather conditions for events. In 14 months we have managed to hold 2 Ride Days and 1 State round whereas previously we would hold either an event or ride day each month! I certainly hope your State Round goes ahead because we are coming down for it and would hate to think rain has buggered our plans again!! On this note, can someone give me a physical address for the track at Ourimbah so I can plot it in my GPS please? Thanks,
Map here:

http://www.ccomtb.com.au/contacts.html

Not sure if Red Hill Rd (the fireroad that you drive up) will be on the GPS, so you'll want to go to Yarramalong Rd and then make a left turn onto Red Hill Rd, there is no number but you'll see the entry easy enough.