Ourimbah next weekend - First race

Tye

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone can help me out, I'm planning on doing my first race next weekend at ourimbah, and I'm unsure what class i need to be in. I'm 14 and riding a dj bike, and I'm unsure if i need to be in sport or junior hardtail. I timed my self last week and i was doing around 6 30, but that was with a crash and dropped chains etc. I now have a chain guide, dh tyres and can ride a few sections faster. I don't think a 5 30 would be too hard. Is this a reasanable time for ht? Or should i go sport for my first race?
Thanks for the help

Puppa Sphinx

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone can help me out, I'm planning on doing my first race next weekend at ourimbah, and I'm unsure what class i need to be in. I'm 14 and riding a dj bike, and I'm unsure if i need to be in sport or junior hardtail. I timed my self last week and i was doing around 6 30, but that was with a crash and dropped chains etc. I now have a chain guide, dh tyres and can ride a few sections faster. I don't think a 5 30 would be too hard. Is this a reasanable time for ht? Or should i go sport for my first race?
Thanks for the help
It doesn’t really matter but Jr hard tail would be your best bet.

brodie_rider

Likes Dirt
i race jr hardtail also. Ill try get out to the race if i can rebend my disc but if not then i shant be seeing you
p.s. any tips on anyone to rebend discs

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
p.s. any tips on anyone to rebend discs
Take it off, put it on a hard/flat surface (such as a stone bench) and look where is is bent. Then bend it over the edge of the bench by hand. If its mangled then its basically new disk time.

Jordo_c

Likes Dirt
just go to the ccomtb website and see the results to recent races in HT devision and juniors and see where you'd best fall into

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,
Thanks for the help
Junior Hardtail.
If you feel like racing something other than that, Go with age (u15/17, depending on when your birthday is).

Sport against the big boys could be a bit intimidating for your first race.
Hope this helped.

Andrew

Tye

Likes Dirt
Ok, thanks for the help guys. I'm pretty tall and will be riding a grey Scott Voltage if anyone wants to say hi.

todd94

Squid
ourimbah

junior hardtail would be the best

Hey guys,
Thanks for the help

smitty_jr

Likes Dirt
yay, someone else in Junior hardtail, it sucks when its only me and one other person (im on a yellow jackal) hope to see you there :)

Tye

Likes Dirt
^^^^Was that you at monster in the hols(monday of 2nd week i think)? I was riding with my mate with kris, and he was talking to a guy an a yellow jackal.

Last edited:

Tye

Likes Dirt
Yer that was the one...
Also, to anyone that knows, what is involved with registration? I don't have any form of license or membership, i was just planning on getting a day license, but is there anything i need to bring along(apart from money)?

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
Yer that was the one...
Also, to anyone that knows, what is involved with registration? I don't have any form of license or membership, i was just planning on getting a day license, but is there anything i need to bring along(apart from money)?
I.D, a guardian to sign you up.
Day licence is $15, + $10 race fee for memory.

Just groove on down to the rego area in the bottom carpark, the friendly people will sort you out no worries.

-Andrew.

Tye

Likes Dirt
I.D, a guardian to sign you up.
Day licence is $15, + $10 race fee for memory.

Just groove on down to the rego area in the bottom carpark, the friendly people will sort you out no worries.

-Andrew.
Ok sweet, but I'm not going with my 'rents, will i be cool to sign up with mates dad as guardian?

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
Ok sweet, but I'm not going with my 'rents, will i be cool to sign up with mates dad as guardian?
Not too sure on that one. Don't think it's a problem.
Maybe bring a permission note or something from your folks?
Hopefully Wayno or someone can sort you out here?

Andrew

T-Rex

Template denier
You should be OK with your mate's dad signing for you, I (a dad) have done this for my son's mates in the past. Just get him to go to rego with you