Ourimbah XC maintenance - pre Round #1

curlysurfer

Likes Dirt
Hi Folks,
Very late notice I know, the guys are looking to do some ongoing maintenance of the track to be ready for the 1st XC round on Sunday. All help would be appreciated. Bring your water, wheel barrow, shovel, rake, some elbow grease and your mates.

8.30 Saturday 11/2/2012 - yep tomorrow - at the trailhead

wengji

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did much work get done and what has been changed? I wasn't able to make it as I was in port for a couple of days.

curlysurfer

Likes Dirt
Bit of maintenance, water drainage, rock armour to soggy bits, tidy up the chute before the drop in.
The track is in a bad way, and riding on it whilst there is so much bog and mud will only make it worse, and more work to fix. Still lots to do.
Cheers Nashy

curlysurfer

Likes Dirt
Trail Maintenance Sunday - 11-3.

Hi there you farking farkers.

XC round #2 is on the 18th, and for this to be fun the trail needs some work. So on Sunday, same as downhill round #2 we would like for everyone to give a hand on the worst sections.

The sections to be worked on are the entry into the drop off and the beginning of the Rollercoaster. If we have spare time then extra work will be decided on the day.

Bring your water, elbow grease, shovel, steel rake, wheelbarrow, and if you have any spare timber beams, pavers, bricks, bessa blocks etc. this would help for the the proposed work.

The wet sections will need work, but not yet. it's in the plan.

If Sunday doesn't suit, go to town. fix something, just use ya brain and think of water flow, and less talented riders.
Cheers
Rob

Trail work sunday ourimbah xc

Meeting at trailhead 8.30 Sunday morning.
Wheelbarrows good - collecting rock for armouring steps leading into drop-off entry. We'll also be carrying in timber. many hands = quicker finish.
Please remember if you go out to do work, fixing sections that exist is ok, but cutting new trails is strictly controlled via committee approval within state forest requirements.
Hopefully the club website will be up again soon.
GregH.