Oxford Falls big timber step down.

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am interested to hear from people that have hit the big timber step down towards the bottom of oxford falls.

I have looked at it a few times but havnt had the balls to hit it yet.

Please post up if you have hit it and how you found it.

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah thats the one. I would love to watch someone hit it or follow them in. Just not sure on speed.

Its not the sort of drop you want to get wrong!

Cuthbert

Likes Dirt
To me the landing looks too flat for the size of the drop, but according to those who have hit it this isn't the case - apparently the touchdown is not too rough.

Haven't hit it myself though as its well outside my comfort zone....

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
To me the landing looks too flat for the size of the drop, but according to those who have hit it this isn't the case - apparently the touchdown is not too rough.

Haven't hit it myself though as its well outside my comfort zone....
Landing looks ok to me. Would really like to see someone hit it first

djsmitt

Likes Dirt
I have hit it. its not my favourite jump thats for sure but gives you plenty of airtime. the lander in my oppinion sucks nut sacks, so prepare for a big landing especially the first couple of times u hit it. as for speed if you hit the jumps before it smoothly hit the corner, its safest to pedal up until the wood then roll the rest.
hope this helped

F1234K

Likes Dirt
Yeah I've hit a handful of times. (me on the youtube vid)

First time was rough, but that was mostly because I was stiff and not relaxed.

Next couple of times was fine. I would say the landing is as rough as landing Veggie at the bottom.

Keep in mind I am talking about landing this in the second half of the lander as the top half is more flat and quite a bit rougher.

As for speed, like Smitty said hit it all smooth, rail the berm and put a few good cranks in. The landing is a bit busted up from the major rain we had a few months back and no-one has gone in the fix it since so be careful if you are going to try it. Perhaps put some fresh dirt on beforehand.

This step down will be replaced with something a bit more generically friendly in the near future as we want more people to go down that way and use the hip drop at the end.

Since I only know of 2 other people other than me that has hit this (and I am pretty sure I am the only one that actually enjoyed it ;) ) it is obvious that for more people to go down there something else will need to be done.

The plan in the works will be more tricky, but MUCH less big...

Sketchl

Likes Bikes
This step down will be replaced with something a bit more generically friendly in the near future as we want more people to go down that way and use the hip drop at the end.
I vote to leave the timber step-down as it is...........maybe build something more generic on the side!

Thanks for your work.:cool:

F1234K

Likes Dirt
I vote to leave the timber step-down as it is...........maybe build something more generic on the side!

Thanks for your work.:cool:
It's been discussed for a while now and decided that replacing it with something more technical but smaller would mean it can be ridden even when the lander isn't in great shape and it will also encourage people to use the hip step down further down.

It will just fit in better with the parts coming after it...

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's been discussed for a while now and decided that replacing it with something more technical but smaller would mean it can be ridden even when the lander isn't in great shape and it will also encourage people to use the hip step down further down.

It will just fit in better with the parts coming after it...
Sounds like a good plan.

Sketchl

Likes Bikes
What about if we build a transition landing-to-hip jump off both the left & right sides of the timber step-down so that we have three lines from the one obstacle. Note that the landing for both left and right hip jumps would be the same as going staight off the middle.

Only a suggestion!