Oxford Falls Photos - Today 31/7

Nitrosoxide

Likes Dirt
Sun was out, Birds were singing, and just on the verge of breaking this stupid man cold, so decided to rest the bike another weekend and head up and take some photos, thanks to the riders for the air time

Canon 5d MkII + 15mm Fisheye

Last edited:

Daneel

Likes Dirt
Aww man, looks like a great afternoon. Wish I'd gone to the falls instead of the local bowl.

Photos are nice and crisp, I'm sure you had a blast taking them anyway.

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
That 4th last picture makes that jump look HUGE! Starting to regret not having done that jump before it when I was there... But I was too tired, exhausted, and hungry to even walk back up after countless sessions of the track ahah

F1234K

Likes Dirt
That 4th last picture makes that jump look HUGE! Starting to regret not having done that jump before it when I was there... But I was too tired, exhausted, and hungry to even walk back up after countless sessions of the track ahah
And that picture is just to the safety :)
The pic of Dave hitting is just after the rebuild is nuts! There was no safety that day.

I'm glad we put it in though, it has been used a few times ;)

Nitrosoxide

Likes Dirt
@Daneel yeah it was awesome, first time taking bike snaps with this setup so still practising etc, i got a few other lens's up my sleeve to try next time too :)

@hazza6542 didn't spend time at the top half, walked through the bush straight to flat rock, but my guess would probably be closed for last weekend

@F1234K no problem, happy to come out and try it again soon! Will see you around Oxy/St Ives in the next few weekends

@my02 yeah it's been lengthened just a bit, another few meters. Because there wasn't enough air time on the last one ;) Jan and the boys did a great job, it's awesome to hit and the run up to it is smooth as

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, we reopened it Sunday arvo.. It's flowing ok, but it's still a work in progress
... and as part of that, don't expect it to be open for the whole of this weekend... There are a few sections that will be getting much needed love!!

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
fun city is the worst name for that jump, such a shit jump.

tho i havn't been up there since the change.

good to see brett not crashing! and duncan shredding!

Nitrosoxide

Likes Dirt
Anything with a wooden "safety" box needs another thinking about.
I think the wooden safety landing is good, as the jump was originally 5 meters length, now is like 8 meters or something. If you're not confident in landing the 8 meters and you could make the previous 5 meter one, at least you won't ax your self.
Otherwise just go faster :)