Pacific park round 1

sorry to keep hitting this horse, but . guys. that was the first race of this season. and the weather was fucked.
in future i'd say if the weather is as inclement as that.i would pack up the timming gear and just let those that wanna do skids in the mud do so. an those that want timed runs can wait for the next round.
yes. in the past theres been hitches with timeing. and we try very hard to minimise those moments.it is no easy feat.
but fairs,fair. give us a chance to fuck up a few more rounds before you start....this....(what is it?)....?
you wouldn't( for arguments sake) leave the top down on your convertable.or continue to use your photographic equipment(those that did,did not for long) in that weather.so why would you drag your radio equipment out?

as for you. mr DH-bobcat-OZ... YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER.
and as far as paying. your an idiot.
why would you pay if you built the fucking thing!!!!!!an your not backwards about being forwards either

G-Man

Likes Dirt
Cmon folks ..

times are not right as i run a stop watch on my bike
next time can we use the proper timing gear instead of a phone to start the race (good way to turn people off)
or is this wsmtb new way of timing (or is the NOALL at the start going to stuff it up again) The proper start box he was standing next too should of been used.
What DH OZ ???

Dont you even want to be known as Bobcat anymore ?????

We spoke about the pay issue on the day and i told you
to let them know that Leigh and Yourself would not be paying
as you built the bloody track with Marcus and the couple others
on the saturday ,, i'm confused ..

I thought when we spoke that you werent going to pay and that
was that ..

As far as timing goes , well dude most events would have been called
off in those conditions ,, i mean can you remember Thredbo may 2006
that was a state round and it was called due to rain - this made me very
unhappy indeed as there was no re-fund I think you were there from memory ..

Thredbo MAy 2006
Travel in the Mitsu eski = $170
Acomadation = another $250
Race entry = $96 - or something like that

Then it rained and snowed it's arse off and they called it due to wether so if Thredbo cant get it right in the rain and muck using high dollar timming how were we suposed to ..

Back to Round 1

I had a hoot - yes my time was crapped up but i got transported runs
with tons of mates so I'll come back ,, maby if the Southern ( Gong ) or northern ( Sydney ) suburbs had active DH clubs that held
and publicized Club events so we could all go ,, we would see that WSMTB arent the only ones that struggle I know Orimbah have
the odd difficulty ..

Just my 2 cent brother dont flame me ..

P.S. and as far as other organisations go , mate there are dramas no matter
where you go , i am still waiting on Last years Awaba medals so of you want
to ditch Pylet and the WSMTB club - you will be missed but you gotta do what you gotta
do big fella - we'll still love ya :) ..

Lastly to all partie's What is with all the negativity lately this is MTB not UFC ..

Lots-a-love

Grupe out :)

Last edited:

noballz

Likes Dirt
This is the first time I have heard complaints about the times:confused:, and I am sure that the weather played a major role in it.

The biggest problem I have heard in the past is that it takes ages for the results to come out. On this point, why are the times written on a paper and then entered into the computer. Wouldn't it be quicker and easier to enter them into a laptop to start with?

I have to agree with Tinks in that these results shouldn't be part of the championship. I know that there isn't any sheep stations at stake, but if you can't vouch for the accuracy of the times, you might as well pick names out of a hat.

DH OZ

Likes Bikes
your an idiot.
yes i am

about paying i asked and someone said we have to pay for busses and first aid and so on

and go on shoot me down but there have been posts about getting help at race days and after race stuff
- my wife goes to nearly all races (if her back is ok) she went over and asked at the tent if they need a hand she was told NO
- we used to get our results at the end of the day before we went home

yes it was the first race of the year yes it was raining but its not the first race of the club.

yes it was fun to ride in the rain

Last edited:

G-Man

Likes Dirt
yes i am

about paying i asked and someone said we have to pay for busses and first aid and so on

and go on shoot me down but there have been posts about getting help at race days and after race stuff
- my wife goes to nearly all races (if her back is ok) she went over and asked at the tent if they need a hand she was told NO
- we used to get our results at the end of the day before we went home

yes it was the first race of the year yes it was raining but its not the first race of the club.

yes it was fun to ride in the rain

Sweet - I retract brother ,, just spoke to Foxy and got the full story ..

Dont let that get you down and don't leave us - we need you ..

Catch ya big fella ,, Grupe outy