Pack n send ( forgot to send for three weeks)

Big JD

Wheel size expert
I put my friend onto a boutique bike for sale here and he brought it. The seller is top notch and reliable so I knew he would be looked after. Organize shipping for NSW to Melbourne with. Pack And Send, pick it up and three weeks later - still no sign. They have lost it and insurance wasn't paid.

Word of warning folks- pay for insurance and quote real cost.

It was flogged for sure and will get the police involved. Pretty lousy Christmas delivery Pack and steal, you fuckers.

Last edited:

dA_bOmBbIkE

Likes Dirt
Pack and send are a bunch of inept drongos. they absolutely destroyed a GT DHi I sent a while back by something along the lines of lying the box on its side and driving over it with a forklift. Was out of pocket $2000 and they did nothing. I have always bought insurance since, and never touched pack and send. They have clauses in their fine print that exclude them from all liability- even in this case of gross mishandling. Good luck with your case john, hope you can squeeze the buggers better than I could

mymasseur

Likes Dirt
I had a bike sent with smart send from perth to townsville a few months back, $120, cheap as, fast, took less than the week, and tracked the whole way, recomend hihly for future referance. sorry to hear about your loss, I would be insanly angry.

wombat

Lives in a hole
If you can't afford to lose it, insure it, regardless of the carrier. Honest mistake or deliberate fuck wittery, shit will go wrong at some point.

Personally as a seller I would insist on insurance. Last bike I sent the insurance was around $100 to cover the full $4k of the bike.

floody

Wheel size expert
Insane not to insure, though even then you MUST read it carefully, dot all 'i's and cross all 't's.

Pack'N'Send are hopeless and expensive. Used them once, would never use again. Sent a diff to Sydney with them, return was with someone else and took 1/3 the time and cost 20% of the price.

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry to hear about that... I couldnt imagine how pissed i would be if that happened to me..:noidea:

I have used Greyhound freight exclusively for all bikes/frames and have found them to be reliable and efficient...

norcorulz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry to hear mate. Pack n Send are utterly useless.

They're all franchisees and have to work their ass off to make a living.

I've had clients at work use them in the past and they never have anything positive to say about them.

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had a bike sent with smart send from perth to townsville a few months back, $120, cheap as, fast, took less than the week, and tracked the whole way, recomend hihly for future referance. sorry to hear about your loss, I would be insanly angry.
Did you use Transport Assurance? And what were the dimensions - that looks pretty cheap.

Gotta get a bike from Brissy to Whitsundays

rone

Eats Squid
Did you use Transport Assurance? And what were the dimensions - that looks pretty cheap.

Used Smartsend several times. Never had a problem, but I always pay for the insurance.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
every courier seems to have a problem every now and then. hell i like to think i'm very good at what i do and i fuck up sometimes.

insurance doesn't seem so expensive as soon as something goes missing...

mymasseur

Likes Dirt

As tasty dirt says, I usually have used grey hound freight, generally around $100 brisssy to townsville, but grey hound no longer go to perth, so found mtbr forums heaps of recomendations for smart send. No I didnt insure, heaps of people said it was good, couriered door to door. Was brand new Giant trance 29er, boxed in normal giant bike box. Mate bought and got it collected from his house. $120, amazing, and tracked at each depot. Pretty good.

my02

Likes Dirt
Thats a bugger!

I looked to see if they have a FB page and found the below. They do appear to respond to the comments made so it may do no harm to chase them up and advise of the facts (insurance aside). Maybe also advise that you are providing feedback on an international forum….?

They also appear to be a part of an international group so its possible that H/O would want to know that they have such a bad reputation (see the results at the top of the link below).

http://www.productreview.com.au/p/pack-send.html

Hope you get some positive results.

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As tasty dirt says, I usually have used grey hound freight, generally around $100 brisssy to townsville, but grey hound no longer go to perth, so found mtbr forums heaps of recomendations for smart send. No I didnt insure, heaps of people said it was good, couriered door to door. Was brand new Giant trance 29er, boxed in normal giant bike box. Mate bought and got it collected from his house. $120, amazing, and tracked at each depot. Pretty good.
Cheers for that reply mate. Sounds like just what I'm after.

wombat

Lives in a hole
I had issues with smart send, they tried to bill me for an oversize carton, even though my measurements were correct in the first place. Wouldn't have been too much of a drama except they waited until almost 2 weeks after the item was delivered to bill me. I was just lucky the receiver hadn't thrown out the carton yet, so I could get photos to verify. If you're going to use them, take photos when measuring to document the size if the parcel.

cameron_15

Eats Squid
I had issues with smart send, they tried to bill me for an oversize carton, even though my measurements were correct in the first place. Wouldn't have been too much of a drama except they waited until almost 2 weeks after the item was delivered to bill me. I was just lucky the receiver hadn't thrown out the carton yet, so I could get photos to verify. If you're going to use them, take photos when measuring to document the size if the parcel.
They stung me for that too!

Almost 2 weeks after delivery had been made I had an email from them saying I had to pay them an extra $30 because my dimensions were wrong. Obviously the carton was gone by that stage. I wonder what would have happened if I didn't pay the amended total?

Anyway, it's there loss. I work for a bike shop and we frequently send bikes and parts across the country, just not with smart send anymore.

mymasseur

Likes Dirt
They stung me for that too!

Almost 2 weeks after delivery had been made I had an email from them saying I had to pay them an extra $30 because my dimensions were wrong. Obviously the carton was gone by that stage. I wonder what would have happened if I didn't pay the amended total?

Anyway, it's there loss. I work for a bike shop and we frequently send bikes and parts across the country, just not with smart send anymore.
With who then? details please?

oriion

Likes Dirt
Greyhound Freight are excellent with bikes, even have a flat rate across Australia option for bikes.

Used them many times, Never have had an issue.