Pad 7 - 28.10.10

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Here we go kids!
This was a bit of a struggle I must say - had so many ideas but in the end, just couldn't get all of them happening.

Riding

| Nikon D300s + 70-200 f/2.8 VR |1/125th | f/5 | ISO100 | 105mm |

This was snapped at the 'Round the Bay in a Day' event a week or so ago. Nothing too spectacular - I'm a little over bikes after photographing this event from 4am onwards!

Portrait

| Nikon D300s + 70-200 f/2.8 VR |1/400th | f/5 | ISO200 | 75mm |

Had a couple for this one category but this one just kinda worked for me. The subject is a work colleague who thought Holgas were awesome until she found out how much it cost to process medium format film - she uses it with due caution these days.

Mid-Flight

|Nikon D300s + 60mm Marco f/2.8 |1/80th | f/4 | ISO400 |

Definitely worked better in my head.

Architecture

|Nikon D300s + Sigma 10-20 |1/20th | f/7.1 | ISO400 | 10mm |

Had a crazy idea to snap a computer motherboard with the 60mm macro in a way that reflects the street scape of a city - would have worked had my camera not had a hissy fit so here is one from the archives.

Dirty

|Nikkormat FT3 + Nikkor 50mm f/2 - Repackaged 400-speed film processed in C41 |

The above isn't 'dirty' in a sense, but I got certainly dirty taking it (yeah, I struggled with this category...)

Speed

| Nikon D90 + Tamron 70-300 | 1/2500th | f/6.3 | ISO320 | 300mm |

What's faster than an F-16?

Thanks for looking!

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Weill done Ango! I really like the mid-flight. It's different.
I thought it would be simple, but photographing something that small (and fast) is very difficult. In the end, tied fishing wire to the plane and 'towed' it behind a broom - to get this right, I had to spin around in circles and quite literally, 'spray and pray'.

Sam91

Likes Bikes
I thought it would be simple, but photographing something that small (and fast) is very difficult. In the end, tied fishing wire to the plane and 'towed' it behind a broom - to get this right, I had to spin around in circles and quite literally, 'spray and pray'.
Was wondering how you achieved that! Mid-flight and architecture I just love!

Really digging the idea of the city- when your camera is fixed I say try it out, would really like to see how you do this! Such creative and different ideas in all your work, awesome!

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
Ango, this is awesome, only photo which isn't rocking my boat is the Riding one... Too slanted maybe and backdrop too convoluted.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Ango, this is awesome, only photo which isn't rocking my boat is the Riding one... Too slanted maybe and backdrop too convoluted.
Not at all happy with the riding one but I haven't even had the time to got out and ride lately, let alone photograph it! (And I know which one I'd rather be doing!).

Sam91; one idea was to photograph a motherboard, maybe even photoshop in a pseudo tilt-shift effect (simply because I don't know how to focus-stack macro shots) and have it back to back with a real city scape? I like the idea of the processor fan looking like say an AC fan you'd see atop many buildings...

Cheers again guys!

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Architecture and Mid-flight do it for me. Mid-flight is very original and well executed given the difficulty involved !

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If I don't see a proper downhill riding shot next PaD I will be very un-impressed mr angus... come shoot with us! I'm a big fan of the portrait for sure! They're all good as though.