Pad viii 28/05/11

CraigS

Likes Dirt
OK so it's my turn to post my PAD.
I've been stressing over this for a few weeks as I've tried to do the best job possible. I had some visions from day one about what I wanted to do but some of those didn't quite happen due to several circumstances. All in all I'm pretty happy with what I've got. Hope everyone enjoys it.

Riding - Although I'm happy with this shot, I was disappointed about cutting the front wheel in half. Shot at Thirroul DH track, 17-40L at 17mm with 430EXII to the left, 580EXII to the right.

Remote Lighting - I am very happy with how this came out. My friend Renee came over to model for me with a fancy new hair style by her best friend (they're both hairdressers). Set up for this is 50mm f1.8 at f2.2. 580EXII through 60cm x 60cm soft box high left, 430EXII through brolly right slightly rear for backlight and fill.

Blur - I shot this at Mt Panorama over Easter. Formula Ford race shot with 70-200 f2.8. The blur is done in post (I'm not that good lol) using a radial blur which I thought looked pretty cool.

Couples - I had planned to try a maternity shoot with some friends but unfortunately we couldn't get a day to shoot. So, I shot this whilst doing a sunrise over Easter just outside Bathurst on a foggy morning. Two Rosella's in the top left of the dead tree.

Long Exposure - This one was hard for me to pick as I've taken heaps over the past few weeks. I've decided to go with one I took today at Lodore Falls in The Valley Of The Waters, Blue Mountains. Shot with 17-40L at 17mm f22 and 1.6sec exposure. The lens was constantly fogging up so I was lucky to get a fairly clean shot. Very nice place to shoot and will be going back again soon.

Splash - I had heaps of fun shooting this. Again my friend Renee offered to model for me as I wanted to try a mermaid shoot (think the movie Splash with Daryl Hannah). The original idea was for her to make and wear a mermaid tail and make some splashing in the water. The hard part was to keep a nice relaxed face when doing this (not easy). For this reason I'm posting two shots from our shoot. Both shot with 70-200 f2.8 with 580EXII through softbox close left and 430EXII right for fill.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Awesome mate, you're definitely progressing nicely. My favourite are remote lighting and the long exposure. Well done. :)

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Awesome mate, you're definitely progressing nicely. My favourite are remote lighting and the long exposure. Well done. :)
Craig, I totally agree with Tristan on this one. I also like the riding shot as well, just a pity about that front wheel.;)