Paddy wagon or something more Speciale?

Johnacles

Likes Bikes
Hello, my old Apollo Concorde that was converted to singlespeed is starting to look and feel a bit tired, road grime from 20 years ago not coming off when I wash it, stupid stickers I put on it, warn drivetrain etc. so I have decided on buying a brand new, off the shelf fixie/singlespeed with around $700-$800 to spend. I've been doing some online homework and have almost decided, I think it's going to be a contest between the kona Paddy Wagon or the Masi speciale uno/fixed. I was wondering if any of you guys have experience on either of these bikes, I personally have spent a little bit of time on my mates Paddy and really enjoyed it and have read reviews praising both bikes. Any input would be awesome, if there are other bikes on the market in a similar space that out do both of these bikes I'd love to hear about them!

Cheers,

Johnacles.

tbird

Cannon Fodder
Hey Johnacles

I've had my 2013 Paddy Wagon for a few months now and can thoroughly recommend it. Great bike for the money only thing I changed was the original crank set as I was maxing out on the flat replaced it with a SRAM Rival cyclocross which comes with 46 ring as opposed to the original 42.

It,s super comfy as the steel frame is very forgiving especially after comparing it to my Apollo track bike which is rock hard (triple butted aluminium)

I love both though so depending on my mood I'll choose accordingly.