Park/Street frames

bmx

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Finally hit that point in my life where my body is too stuffed to ride rigid BMXs anymore.

The internet at work is crap so I'm limited to how much research I can do.

I'm after a frame, chromoly, with a really short back end and decently light too. Not sure what to look at. Also if it comes in chrome, extra points.

Cheers

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rhythm imports had (one) Crome ns Capitol left, I'm running a black one... It takes Bmx hubs, brakes and cranks. I highly rate it! If you're used to Bmx it's geo won't feel as weird as a traditionally long and low mtb frame

www.ribbed.com should be the site...

rednightmare

Likes Dirt
Yeah, the BMW in the For Sale section would be sweet.

Also, haven't ridden one but heard good things about the Deity Streetsweeper.

illbike. really short, tyre clearance is improved on the newer ones (still need something fairly skinny though) and are cheap as. come in 26 or 24, bmx or mtb spacing.

Pride Street are another choice, i highly rate mine, only issue is they dont have Paypal in Russia so you have to western union cash to them. that is the only downside i have found on their frames, is that their a bitch to get a hold of.

bmx

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not sure yet. I was thinking about running 24". The NS Capitol sounds alright being able to run BMX hubs and brakes.

I wont buy a complete or second hand, I'll build a brand new one.

What 24" and 26" rims are available which has a sidewall braking service. And available in chrome? Besides the Odyssey Hazard in 24".

L3ONNOEL

Likes Dirt
Not sure yet. I was thinking about running 24". The NS Capitol sounds alright being able to run BMX hubs and brakes.

I wont buy a complete or second hand, I'll build a brand new one.

What 24" and 26" rims are available which has a sidewall braking service. And available in chrome? Besides the Odyssey Hazard in 24".
The Cap is great in 24inch, it's even great for dirt jumping

dartmoor fortress have machined brake surfaces, i think also sun rhyno lites have machined brake surface, not too sure but ive seen the 24" versions are brake compatible.

capitals, illbikes, pride street etc. have fairly similar geometry and tend to work well around low forks and high bars, so a rigid or lowered suspension fork would be the go, i think ns advise about 80mm or less travel, the ns forks will be great and i think the district bars are some of the most comfortable bars ever made. all depends on your preferences.

ducky1988

Likes Dirt
I rode a black market for 6 years on park, 4X and DJ. Did one run on a downhill course as well.
Was probably the funnest bike i have ever owned.
I have notice that most the frames these days are pretty much the same GEO wise.

Specialized P series
Black Market
NS

are probably my best recommendations though.

as for 24 inch wheels though. I'm not a huge fan.

bmx

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wont run rigid. Need suspension for my wrists.

I am very interested in the Capitol due to the use of BMX hubs and brakes. Meaning I can run LHD, rear peg and gyro. But the decision to go 24 or 26"....

Daneel

Likes Dirt
I'd go 24 for sure.. Having had a 24" NS Suburban for over 5 years now, I've never once wanted the bigger wheels.