parts for gt force 3 mountainbike

kilaton

Likes Bikes
have lost the axle for my gt force 3 mountainbike ,front wheel, was wondering if anyone knew of any retailers , dealers who deals or sells gt parts :confused:

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
have lost the axle for my gt force 3 mountainbike ,front wheel, was wondering if anyone knew of any retailers , dealers who deals or sells gt parts :confused:
Since you don't say where you are or have a location in your profile it would be hard for anyone to suggest somewhere close to you.
Have you tried your LBS?

0psi

Eats Squid
Firstly it ain't a GT part that you need. The part you are after is specific to the fork, chances are it'll be one of the following (Depending on Year Model) Fox, Rock Shox, Marzocchi or Sun Tour. Just about any LBS will be able to gt the part for you if it's anything other than the Sun Tour. Spares for those things are a bit harder to source.

Last edited:

indica

Serial flasher
Why do you say it is fork specific? Have you only lost your QR skewer?
Easy fix on that bike, go into any local bike shop and ask for one.

kilaton

Likes Bikes
parts for gt force 3

the fork is the suntour mag 32 , im in nsw , western area around bathurst , and it is not as easy as just going to the lbs and getting one as i have found out .

J--A--C--K

Likes Bikes
post up a pic of the preoblem some one here will be able to give u an answer the only problem is some times working out which very one eyed answer is the right one :")

my_bike

Likes Dirt
The suntour mag 32 is just a standard QR fork. If you say your lbs doesn't stock QR axles then I'd suggest going to another bike shop.

kilaton

Likes Bikes
The suntour mag 32 is just a standard QR fork. If you say your lbs doesn't stock QR axles then I'd suggest going to another bike shop.
no its not a quick release fork , the axle is a solid rod that passes trought the hub and you turn the end to tighten .

indica

Serial flasher
What year is it?
My Force 3 came with QR on the shitty Suntour forks, don't see why you can't just whack a QR skewer through there unless it is some kind of special hub that needs a bigger one...?

THE CHENZ

Likes Dirt
15mm hub here!

By the sounds of this, he needs the Suntour 15mm Skewer. Have just seen one of these (2010 GT Force 3) and the axle is a bit diff.
Importer of fork....unknown atm

0psi

Eats Squid
Avanti (Sheppards) carry some, and I do stress some, ST spares. Failing that, A quick google told me that good ol CRC sell a fair bit of ST stuff, while they don't have any listed in stock, I'm sure if you ask nicely they may be able to source something for you.