Paterson Classic 8 Hour Enduro - May 19th 2013

lordflog

Likes Dirt
Hello All

We are now only two weeks out from the first Paterson 8 hour enduro. The previous two races at Paterson were held as 24 hour events, and after feedback from riders it was decided to try the 8 hour format at this wonderful location. Camping will be available for the night before the race, and as usual the Paterson pubs will be open for a meal on Saturday night.

We’ve made a couple of changes to the course, shortening it to just under 8km in length, whilst retaining all of the fantastic flow of the run from the top of the hill to the bottom. The trails are in great condition, and remember these events are the only times during the year that they are available to be ridden by the public as they are hosted on private property.

We have solos, pairs and fours team options, with mixed, women, and men available for teams. Under 16s are welcome to ride as part of teams, and bear in mind that there are some restrictions with regards to the length of time that they are able to ride at enduro events - minimum age of 12 years.

Specific event information and a registration link can be found at www.patersonclassic.com .

Hunter Mountain Bike Club is proud to continue its support of this event and has not scheduled any club cross country racing in May to ensure that those who don’t have a lot of spare time are still able to come along and ride this great event.

If you have any queries regarding the event, drop me an email at president@hmba.asn.au and I’ll try to get back to you in good time.

Looking forward to seeing you at Paterson!

Regards
Mark
President
HMBA

lordflog

Likes Dirt
Hi all

Final trail prep happened on Saturday. The course is in fantastic shape & I can't wait to get on a bike & ride around it next weekend!

I'd like to give a big shout out to our event sponsors for this year, Peter Evans & Associates Solicitors & Attorneys, The ARMS Group, Rocky Trails Entertainment, and James Estate Wines. Without you guys an event like this simply can't go ahead - so thankyou very much.

Online regos will close this Wednesday night, though we will be taking registrations on the day of the event (so make sure you bring your MTBA license if you have one). If you want your name, & team name if you like to share the fun, printed on your race plate for this year, make sure you get in before the online registration cutoff.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Mark