Votes: 10 62.5%
  • patrol

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • patrol

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm pretty sure this has already been done. But for what it's worth. PATROL!!!
EDIT: You've asked this before...

Everyone I know (massive 4x4 family for decades, comps/clubs etc...) would pick the Patrol for proper 4x4 without hesitation.

Last edited:

Matt H

Eats Squid
I'm pretty sure this has already been done. But for what it's worth. PATROL!!!

They kick arse. There's a reason like 60% of comp trucks are patrol utes, they just dominate.

I have plenty more reasons why but that's all this thread needs imo. :p
On the other hand, I'm sure the percentage of Landcruiser utes being used as mine vehicles is even higher...

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
On the other hand, I'm sure the percentage of Landcruiser utes being used as mine vehicles is even higher...
Correct. Because they can carry more and have the advantages of being Toyota. You don't see many work patrols compared to the millions of cruisers... It's all relative to what you want to do with the car and MTBmasters 3 choices are all great for different things.

Stupid question that's been asked before.

blackjack

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The only advantage in a patrol ute is they are available in a full coil spring set up. Other wise cruiser all the way! Oh and they didn't make gu patrols in 1995 buddy. 1995 was still gq. Still good trucks though prone to cracking chassis

sam705

Likes Dirt
What year landcruiser?
I have a 93 75 series, 2inch lifted with parabolics in the front, 33' tyres.
It's done 470,000 and hasn't missed a beat, half its life involved carrying around close to a tonne of tools for my old mans business. And it's still worth close to 10g. They hold their value very well.

taquar

Likes Dirt
I've got a 1993 Landcruiser 80 series. While not a ute, it's still damn reliable. has only broken down once or so, and that was gearbox.

Go Toyota, they are EXTREMELY well built, especially the older models. Not saying Patrols aren't, cause my dad used to have one and it was great.