Peacey Thompson's crash

rtd

Likes Dirt
Some of you may already know, I've done a search through the forums and couldn't find anything on it - please notify me if there is.

If you don't know Peacey, he's a TGS boy, local rider & regular at the trails. Last weekend he had a crash, and the word is that he has damaged his spine/vertibrae. He won't ride again, and doctors are still unsure if he will recover to walk, as he requires surgery which may not be successful.

I will continue to try to update this post, with news, as I have heard very little of this myself. I've been told the crash was on Rainrut, and that he was air lifted to Brisbane.

*EDIT*: Talked to one of my father's friends, who is a doctor. He said Peacey should make a good recovery, and that he didn't completely brake his spine, but did damage some vertibrae. Apparently he will not ride again for a long time, but is expected to be able to walk.

*EDIT#2* Talked to some people today (23rd), apparently the surgery was a success, all went smoothly.

Oh, and the bike is fine, saw it today, in great condition.

Get well soon Peacey, Mackkadeh...

Rich

Last edited:

Ryan Hotdog

Likes Dirt
Shit i hope he will be ok. Fingers crossed he walks again, anything more is a bonus.

Forgive my ignorance but what is a Grammar boy?

IZAKM

Likes Dirt
poor kid

that sounds pretty shit. poor kid. hope he is able to walk again
thats not alex winton is it?

wicksy-

Likes Dirt
no its not Alex Winton.

I go to grammar and last I heard the operation was a succes and he can walk. Apparently he walked back up the track after he broke his neck and went home that night. Only went to te hospital in the morning. But then again, could be a rumour. He snapped his brand new bike too.

instinct

Likes Dirt
Yes I am the brother of odis for the grammar boys who might know me and Ive been getting the updates through my bro since it happened.

He stacked it on the triple at rain rut and walked home and was quickly taken to the hospital by his mother. They did x rays and found he did not completly snap his spine but he did shatter parts of it and its all complicated to explain. He was then airlifted to Brisbane to have surgery. Although he will probably not be able to ride again other then commuting he probably will be able to walk.

Just today he was having surgery where they where extracting bone from his hip to put into his neck:confused:. This surgery is at 6:00pm tonight.

Lets hope for the best.

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
Sounds pretty lucky not to have done any worse damage. How did he end up so wrong of what is a pretty mellow jump?

instinct

Likes Dirt
Sounds pretty lucky not to have done any worse damage. How did he end up so wrong of what is a pretty mellow jump?
Mellow is a bit of an understatement but of course there other jumps bigger/harder it was really just unlucky Im told. On a new bke anything can happen. It wasnt the first time he had done the jump or anything like that im told he was just simply knocked over the top and landed on his head.

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
Ouch. Well good luck on the recovery mate. Last time I was there it was pretty smooth.

chase1

Likes Dirt
good to hear he is ok.
just goes to show how easy something like this can happen.
just land wrong and you can break your neck.

Red Rocket

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Poor guy knocked out his front teeth at the local skate bowl a few months ago as well. I sure hope his luck improves; get well soon brethren.

howie_two4

Likes Dirt
Crash

Yeah, I was riding behind him at the track. His rear shock bottomed out on the upramp and it flung him over the handlebars. He landed on his front wheel, endo'd for a little bit and then landed on his side pretty heavily. When he hit the ground his head kind of snapped back and he got knocked unconscious. He woke up about 1-2 minutes later and couldn't remember anything, how he got there, how many runs he had done, or how he ended up on the ground. At first, I thought that he was just bullshitting me about his loss of memory, but when he said that he couldn't move his neck I started to get a bit worried. I called my parents and took him to the hospital to find that he had some pretty bad injuries. He didnt cry, or even look like he was in any pain. His opperationwas this afternoon, at approximately 6, and I am still awaiting the details of the opperation. Hope this explains the incident in a little more detail.
Get well soon Pace,
Cam

joy boy

Likes Dirt
Yes I am the brother of odis for the grammar boys who might know me and Ive been getting the updates through my bro since it happened.
for a start, half of these people won't even now who odis is,
that's a bloody dangerous jump people, lots of people have stacked it, including my self, but only coming out with few grazes luckily. i heard he bottomed out at on the up ramp and that fucked him up, that happened to me except on the drop. good luck pacey
EDIT, it appears howie already explained the reason

Last edited:

ob_12

Likes Dirt
yeah i agree with you mate, it is pretty dangerous, it needs to be rebuilt or destroyed, the kicker is dead, you need so much speed to actually make the down ramp and yet still someone took the ns out of the drop witch makes it even more sketchy.

instinct

Likes Dirt
yeah i agree with you mate, it is pretty dangerous, it needs to be rebuilt or destroyed, the kicker is dead, you need so much speed to actually make the down ramp and yet still someone took the ns out of the drop witch makes it even more sketchy.
Hmmmmmm maybe but then there would just be a randomn open section and theres always going to be someone trying to make a jump there. Maybe they make the drop bigger or something and have it you can do it from the sides aswell:D There is still heaps of people that have been doing the triple for ages and they are the people who will build it back up.

Maybe a maintenence day and we could fix up all the lips and berms Ive found with a few that they dont go around enough and there sending people into the bushes.