Pedal shootout!!!!!!!!

Hungie

Likes Dirt
Just bare in mind with pins, the more there are doesn't mean they are grippier. I have 5050xx with only 6 long pins in each side. I can honesly say the grip doubled when I removed the other half of the pins. Less pins means your weight is distributed over less area = more grip. Just my 2c anyway, good luck dude

bikeguy70

Banned
Wellgos... Slippery... are you greasing your shoes before you ride. The MG1s are probably the grippiest pedals i have ridden, on par with Straitlines without the sheer size.
but they are platics and there practicaully all torn of by rocks and stuff.

mrcurlyhead

Likes Dirt
if you wanted to spend a little more you could get dx's i reckon there such a great pedal i have 5050xx i honestly hate them there crappy IMO

but the dx's i own have way more grip then 5050xx's

but up to you really personal prefrence

Bretty.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Atomlab Trailkings, super grippy, super wide platform and awesome looking pedal. Lightweight too, and ultra slim for extra awesomeness. If it weren't for the price I'd run 'em on all my bikes.

Highly suggested if you're after a high quality, long lasting pedal.

tomw889

Likes Bikes
If you want to go over the top,

24seven Slackers. I have a set and they are the best pair of pedals i have ever ridden. Expensive though..

Cheers

atxdh2

Likes Bikes
if your riding downhill those pedals you've chosen are crap go for funn sole jams, avoid 50/50s they look cool but have a reverse concave (No good) and tiny pins. Funn soljams are only $79 for the loose ball and are by far the best flats around and there light at at around 540gram for the loose and 500gram for the sealed bearings and they have massive pins, 50/50s are 618gram.

If you are riding everthing else the pedals you have chosen are all good choices besides the V8 pedals they are slippery and crap.

Last edited:

bikeguy70

Banned
if your riding downhill those pedals you've chosen are crap go for funn sole jams, avoid 50/50s they look cool but have a reverse concave (No good) and tiny pins. Funn soljams are only $79 for the loose ball and are by far the best flats around and there light at at around 540gram for the loose and 500gram for the sealed bearings and they have massive pins, 50/50s are 618gram.

If you are riding everthing else the pedals you have chosen are all good choices besides the V8 pedals they are slippery and crap.
i was also looking at them but i think there abit out of my price range:eek:

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
I've ridden V8's and Pancakes.
V8's are pretty grippy but they wear down pretty quick and they have a small platform.

Pancakes are a bit better in my opinion. I use mine for downhill, they've taken a beating, I have pulled out a few pins and bent a few over and cracked through the pedal but I ride a 224 and its a low BB so when they hit things they usually hit them quite hard. They've taken a lot of abuse and they're still going well.

Out of the 2, id get the pancakes. But now i've just bought some Odyssey plastic pedals for my DH rig, it sounds pretty stupid but apparently they are really strong (lots of BMX riders use them) and they are cheap - $20, have a bit bigger platform then the Pancakes and are only 389g so they're light aswell.

They seem grippy as from riding on the street and backyard but tomorrow I'll know after riding at Kandanga I guess :)

Rippor 215

Likes Dirt
i do mainly fr/ bit of dh, though i use oddesy pros and they have been beaten and bashed to the ground and they are still going fine, plus ball bearings in them are really good... though the v8's are good as well

tom_burford_orr

Likes Dirt
I would go with the pancakes. The V-8's i have seen loose pins realy easy. Once a mate went though about 3 pairs of them in a week :p .... That may be an exaggeration. I haven't heard much about the Da Bomb pedals though.