Pedal spanner woes....

wombat

Lives in a hole
I have never had a good pedal spanner that hasn't buckled under the force necessary to undo a pedal so I too will be checking those links.
When you bend either that Park or Pedros one, get in touch; I'll manage your assault on the world arm wrestling circuit.
We'll be rich, rich I tells ya!

Edit: Danny, how the hell do you get a ring spanner on a pedal?

Danny B

Likes Dirt
Danny, how the hell do you get a ring spanner on a pedal?
Dunno, I just do. My ring spanner is about 4mm wide and that (snugly) fits my shimano M520s and Look road pedals. My other pedals take hex keys.

But I agree, you'll have bugger all chance of breaking a Park or Pedros pedal spanner.

Minlak

custom titis
Edit: Danny, how the hell do you get a ring spanner on a pedal?
Dunno, I just do. My ring spanner is about 4mm wide and that (snugly) fits my shimano M520s and Look road pedals. My other pedals take hex keys.

But I agree, you'll have bugger all chance of breaking a Park or Pedros pedal spanner.
Ill bet he has a combination spanner unless he rides with 2 spanners permantly attached to his pedals?

Minlak

custom titis
I'm sorry.... what?
You keep saying you use a ring spanner? a ring spanner is just that a ring on my pedals if i used a ring spanner it would be wedged between the crank arm and the pedal after tightening .... if on the other hand you had an open end spanner you could tighten the pedals and remove the spanner as the end is umm open.... So im betting you have a combination spanner which has an open end on one end and a ring on the other .....

digbyj

Scooteria
Haha, funny thread. Danny I think by ring spanner you mean combo spanner so one end is closed in a ring shape and the other end is open in a U shape, which is obviously the end you are using....