Pedals!

DWNHLR01

Likes Dirt
In the market for some new pedals.

I am chasing something that is flat and I'm a fan of big pins.

Mainly riding DH.

Post up recommendations!

dug8713

Likes Dirt
Wellgo MG-1

Cheap ($35 off ebay) and light (380g forged magnesium)

Run em on my trials and dirt jump bikes. Get longer grub screws if you need bigger pins. Highly recommended.

jackall

Likes Bikes
if you've got the means

straitlines - expensive yeah but they a farking awesome

kinda hard on the shins tho :/

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
In the market for some new pedals.

I am chasing something that is flat and I'm a fan of big pins.

Mainly riding DH.

Post up recommendations!
Quiet a few of us are using Dartmoor fevers for DH, only 16mm thick, enough pins without having too many to destroy your shins. Unless you're Psycho-T on here. :p

380g and you can find fit other Ti axles to reduce weight if you want.

mjb_250

Likes Bikes
Im personally in love with crank bros 5050's but they make you pay for it. They just stick perfectly every time

0psi

Eats Squid
I'd stay away from 50/50's, they rock when they work but unless you get lucky there's a lot of work to get them to stay in one piece.

Nukeproof do a few nice pedals. Point one Podiums look the goods but haven't heard anything about them over the long term.

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They do look decent don't they! How do bmx companies make great pedals so much cheaper than those aimed at general mtb!

DWNHLR01

Likes Dirt
Had a pedal around with them...

Really bitey and feel solid. Well worth the $25! Bearings are ridiculously smooth too!

I was using some Specialized Lo Pro Mag 2 Pedals, strong, good grip, no play after a hard year and the pins are not as long as some other brands that might as well use nails. The down side is they can cost a few $$$. hope that helps.

no mag please...

I'd stay away from magnesium pedals if I were you. I've seen too many break when accedentially hitting a roch or something. Especially the Wellgo's...

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
DMR V12's are good value for money, light weight, sticky (but not too sticky) and very indestructible!! (if you're looking for a cheaper alternative go the V8's)

Straightlines are VERY grippy, ive recently purchased a pair (as i sold the V12s with my bike) expensive though and they will wear out your shoes.

U.D.O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sunline V1's. Big pins, Big platforms, Big meat tenderizers. Absolutely love mine.

EDIT: Eh. Just saw you already found some.

Spotty

Likes Dirt
DMR V12's are good value for money, light weight, sticky (but not too sticky) and very indestructible!! (if you're looking for a cheaper alternative go the V8's)
Agreed. Only tried the V8's and they have just the right amount of grip. Enough said.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
I'd stay away from 50/50's, they rock when they work but unless you get lucky there's a lot of work to get them to stay in one piece.

Nukeproof do a few nice pedals. Point one Podiums look the goods but haven't heard anything about them over the long term.
I have some Nukeproofs, had em for ages. Light, strong, thin, grippy.
I have PO1NTs on my DH sled. Thin, light, grippy.
You can add longer pins to anything if more grips needed.
Straightlines are VERY grippy, ive recently purchased a pair (as i sold the V12s with my bike) expensive though and they will wear out your shoes.
Blue MTN Bikes also sell Kowa pedals, much the same as Straitlines, but more pins I think. PM me for Kowas or PO1NTs.
Put Kowa in the search on here, I posted a pic of the pedals a while back.

Last edited: