People's experience with Scott Genius

nonch

Likes Bikes
I've been riding a 2011 Genius 20 for about eight months now, and I think it's an incredible AM bike. But given the 2013 Genius is completely re-designed I don't know how helpful the advice of those with older models will be. It does look awesome though!

Knopey

Likes Dirt
I had a 2008 Genius for 2-3 years until it got stolen. Which is not very relevant to the new model I guess!

I was a newb to MTB at that stage, however, it was a great bike. Way better than I was (and am), and versatile that's for sure.

MIne had no problems, although others apparently did have chainstay cracking problems or something like that. Totally irrelevant to the new model obviously.

Ivan

Eats Squid
The new model looks great, checked it out today. Not many people will have ridden one yet. the 27.5" wheels don't make the whole bike look funny like the 29érs do.

Silverstreak

Likes Bikes
Thanks for the help.

I had a quick ride around the bike shop car park this arvo annnnnnnnnd,

It still didn't feel right. The whole reason I tried a 650B was because I feel really uncomfortable on a 29er, so I thought this would be a good compromise. Feels the same as a 29er (to me anyway).

Damn it looks good though. I really wanted to like it.

M0z

Likes Bikes
These new genius's are more like the spark... of which i ride... a 2012 26" spark, and i love it to death :) coming from a scale, i couldn't have asked for more...

the adjustable "chip" thing they have is great... along with the twinloc lockout, gets alot of use on my bike.

...keen to go have a ride on one of these new genius's... i'm starting to do a little more "trail" like riding... although i don't think i'm really pushing the limits of the spark yet.