Petrol R/C Cars

NICK ATKINS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
stuff nitro go out and buy your self a x ray fk 05 and a 6800kv mamba max brush less system on go and kick some nitro's ass

i race a hotted up tamiya mo3 its great fun

chris_mtb

Banned
i recently got a mini t baja edition its really cool and it goes ok stock i need some new stuff for my mini lst especially a new body and wheels
i also got a mini rc helicopter that is so hard to fly i crashed it within 2 hours and now need a new motor
my mini lst spec is
mamba brushless motor and esc
stock everything else

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
my mini lst spec is
mamba brushless motor and esc
stock everything else
Do you find you strip gears regularly? The spider gear in the front and rear differentials has driven me crazy the way it strips as soon as you THINK about touching the throttle. Does your's do the same? And if so, do you know how to fix it short of buying metal gears?

wdshiver

Likes Dirt
This Is my brother and my GS AvengerRTR Storm MKII

It's pretty nuts, unfortunatley broke the pull start today, getting a new one tomorrow.

Last edited:

Knight

Likes Dirt
This Is my brother and my GS AvengerRTR Storm MKII

It's pretty nuts, unfortunatley broke the pull start today, getting a new one tomorrow.

WOO! Another GS car out there :D

I'd buy 2 or 3 pullstarts if I were you. Saves the trip back to the hobby shop to get another one when you break it.

wdshiver

Likes Dirt
My brother (tommyd2074) and his mate fixed it during school. Works better now. Oh well I know what Not to do :rolleyes:

villy

Likes Dirt
Does anyone know any good rc forums or sites that help with maintenance? My brother has a petrol car but it always seems to break down. Im keen to get it going again

exvitermini

Likes Bikes and Dirt
how does the fuel lines set up like that work?

i have a nitro rc kicking around somewhere and the main fuel line runs from the bottom of the tank up to the carburetter and the return runs off the exhaust and back into the top of the tank.

its looks like yours fuel line is where my return line would go..

MATTY TYLER

Likes Dirt
iv got a IRC Vulcan its a little 18th rocket on 25% nitro :D :D but i keep killing parts, first was the spur gear, now a shear pin and the rear diff i think, not to worry i work at the local hobby shop (Extreme Hobbies, Alexandria, PM me) so parts come cheap :D looking at the Jato at the moment or similar what do you guys think?

cheerz matty

Tyson james

Likes Dirt
Hey mate , the jato is a terific setup stadium truck . It with the traxxas 2.5r racing engine it has more then enough grunt for its size . They have a wide front and rear span so theres plenty of grip into corners etc. Handling is great. But if you are looking for more fun and less worring about hitting big rocks and hitting gutters etc go for the t-maxx or revo there a awsome truck both of them . T-maxx is a little more of a bash around truck as it sits higher with the different suspension setup as for the revo an even more beter truck with alot more handling then the T-maxx because of the middle chassis suspension setup or what ever they call it . Very good handling and it will take anything you throw at it.

Cheers

ps. mate of mine is selling a revo 2006 model with a blown engine. Max 200 to rebuild . deffiently worth the dollar and it comes with heaps of spares.

wdshiver

Likes Dirt
how does the fuel lines set up like that work?

i have a nitro rc kicking around somewhere and the main fuel line runs from the bottom of the tank up to the carburetter and the return runs off the exhaust and back into the top of the tank.

its looks like yours fuel line is where my return line would go..
the Fuel line to the engine is at the top becausee from that valve thingo there a pipe which goes straight to the bottom of the tank (kinda like window washing type sprayer) and the hose from the exhaust to the tank pushes air through the tank to push the oil down and into the pipe. Thats Only a Guess but I think that is how it works.

Knight

Likes Dirt
Hey wdshiver. Just a little advice for your Avenger.

Take your fuel line and cut it shorter. Route it straight from the tank to the carb instead of going around the air filter and engine head. Makes it easier to get fuel into the engine when starting it and throttle response is a bit faster. You can do the same for the pressure hose (the one going into the exhaust) if you want to shorten the hose but that won't do anything to the performance etc.

If you don't understand, pm me and I'll send you a photo

MATTY TYLER

Likes Dirt
yea those fuel lines are a bit too long. ill try post some pics of my car up soon (its for sale if anyone...) im looking at buying a savage now not a jato for th price. anyone know any good places around Syd eastern suburbs to drive/race petrol cars?

cheerz matty

shoey50

Likes Dirt
quick question for ya guys im looking at getting back into the whole nitro rc thing i used to race on road but am now thinking i might buy a off road. i like the stadium truck look so what do people suggest is good truck to start with also 2wd or 4wd? and 2spd or single spd? and what size motor? cheers

kjf

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey, im pretty interested in rc cars now, but my knowledge is rather poor on the subject, are there any interenet sites for beginners?

cheers
karl.

chris_mtb

Banned
a great international site is rctech.netalso if you want to start off road go 4wd (easier to control if buggy ) and prob start single speed you can get kits to upgrade to 2 speed

MATTY TYLER

Likes Dirt
another great site, from the US is www.rcuniverse.com (sp) 4wd is good for a start and single speed will make it easier to use, i suggest you pick a 1/10th or 1/8th scale as they are popular and easy top source parts, either a staduim truck or monster truck as they are a lot more durable and can go road and off-road. hit me a PM as i work in a hobby shop for more adive.
p.s my 1/18th buggy is for sale

cheerz matty

kjf

Likes Bikes and Dirt
another great site, from the US is www.rcuniverse.com (sp) 4wd is good for a start and single speed will make it easier to use, i suggest you pick a 1/10th or 1/8th scale as they are popular and easy top source parts, either a staduim truck or monster truck as they are a lot more durable and can go road and off-road. hit me a PM as i work in a hobby shop for more adive.
p.s my 1/18th buggy is for sale

cheerz matty
Thanks for the info mate.
If i got into the hobby, which i am seriously thinking about, id like to keep my purchases local, theres a pretty big hobby shop near me so i'd get everything from there.

cheers