Photo A Day - 16/5

U.D.O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hello all. Here is my PAD. Unfortunatly due to Yr12, Work and whatnot I wasn't able to get all the photo's I wanted, but most turned out alright. Please ignore my dead pixels. :eek:
Enjoy.

Riding - Haven't been mountainbiking much lately due to a number of assorted reasons, so the only real riding I do these days are some fixed gear shenanigans. So I whipped up a bar mount for my camera, slapped on my fisheye and remote shutter release, and went for a spin.

Transport - Papa's Ford G6E Turbo. Pretty happy with how this turned out seeing as it's my first time shooting cars.

Portrait - My workmate James, also known as the notorious 'HMC' off Fixed.Org. Natural light is natural.

B&W View over Port Phillip Bay on mothers day. You Yangs on the horizon in the bottom left.

Bokeh in a Box - Autumn colours win.

After Dark - View from bridge over local railway station. Slight tilt shift effect.

Camera used is a Canon 500D w/ a dead row of pixels, a 50mm f1.8, 18-55mm, and 8mm Peleng Fish.
Thanks for looking. :D

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
Portrait - My workmate James, also known as the notorious 'HMC' off Fixed.Org. Natural light is natural.
Great work!

Very impressed with the portrait photo, particularly fascinating. Colour, style and interestingness...spot on!

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After dark photo looks like a model. Absolutely love it! A picture of something real that looks like something fake trying to be real is ....well trippy.

Edit: Just googled "tilt shift".. wow. I'm gunna have fun photoshopping tommorow! sweet.

Last edited:

Moony

Likes Dirt
isn't the bokeh shot supposed to have something in focus as well as out of focus?
just woundering cause that's how i read it...but love the colours in the shot anyway!

power pole in the car shot is heaps distracting...car is heaps crisp though.

and love the tilt shift effect on the last one....love it!

U.D.O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks guys. :)

Great work!

Very impressed with the portrait photo, particularly fascinating. Colour, style and interestingness...spot on!
Thanks heaps Ollie, means a lot since I barely ever take portraits, by the sound of it i'm doing something right. ;)

isn't the bokeh shot supposed to have something in focus as well as out of focus?
just woundering cause that's how i read it...but love the colours in the shot anyway!

power pole in the car shot is heaps distracting...car is heaps crisp though.

and love the tilt shift effect on the last one....love it!
Not that I saw, all I read was '5. Bokeh'. Thanks.

Love the riding shot Dan and the portrait is awesome!!!
Cheers Ben. Haha the riding was a bit of fun, got to stiffen up the bracket a bit though, as it flex's and bounces with weight of the camera and fisheye, which was worring me a bit. Did you feel the weight of the fish when roney had it? It's a whole lot of glass. :eek:

Lorday

Eats Squid
Digging all the shots minus the car shot. Best bit of advice I've be given is don't shot cars, with things sticking out of the top of the car in the background. This guy shoots for motor as well, s hes no noob

U.D.O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Digging all the shots minus the car shot. Best bit of advice I've be given is don't shot cars, with things sticking out of the top of the car in the background. This guy shoots for motor as well, s hes no noob
Thanks Lorday, will keep that in mind for next time. :)