Photo A Day VI 24/05/10

Unlearn

Likes Dirt
G'day guys, first of all i'll say that this has been one of hardest challenges i've done. Primarily because several of these categories I have never specifically shot before, but having said that, It was also enjoyable and I've learn a lot - i'm stolked. Hope you enjoy!

I loved this PAD as it pushed me to expand my horizons.

1) Riding - This is a shot of me, taken by me. This was harder than you think, although on paper it seemed so simple. Words for the wise - Pocket Wizards don't seem to like the Hahnel remote camera triggers, as they misfired when using said remote camera trigger. Nikon D300, Nikon 80-200mm f2.8, 2 flashes triggered via Pocket Wizards.

2) Transportation - Taken at port Kembla as this ship was leaving. Was pot suck that this happened, most of the port was empty. My mate and I just headed down there to check the place out. I'm going down there again, that place is freaking cool. Also you'd be surprised how fast these things move! Nikon D300, Tokina 17mm ATX pro

3) Portrait - Me, was struggling to find anyone to model for me for various reasons so I thought "stuff it i'll shoot myself", and I apoligise in advance for making you look at my ugly mug!. This is my first real attempt at a portrait, and I thought i'd poke a little bit of fun at myself at the same time. If there was this many "me's" around the world would truely un-evolve! Nikon D300, Nikon 28mm f2.8, various lighting.

4) Black and White - My dog, Jester. I love that little guy, always happy! Nikon D300, Tamron 90mm f2.8 macro

5) Bokeh - Circle Bokeh? get your star Bokeh on! That Bokeh isn't photoshopped either. It was only fitting that I stuck Starscream in there. I might be 28 but still a kid at heart. Nikon D300, Nikon 50mm f1.8

6) After Dark - Don't ask me where I came up with this idea. I think it stemmed from the fact that I work in the power industry. My idea behind this is mans effect on earth and the state of our fossil fuels (don't get me wrong, i'm not an avid greenie!). Nikon D300, Nikon 50mm f1.8

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice set mate, bokeh and after dark are the highlights for me. Good work on the riding self-shot too :)

pharcyde

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Very original PAD well done.

Got me fkd how you managed to get the sky blurred and the boat and water crystal clear. Awsome job.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Dude! Sick! I haven't looked through all the PAD's yet, but yours is well and truly f**king radical!

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Agreed with everyone here. Farkin awesome work Unlearn. Way to go for thinking OUTSIDE the square.:D

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Nice work, love the after dark shot, if you're ever looking for someone to ride/shoot with give me a holla. Need to catch up for some more riding.