Photo Compressing?

curtisrider

Eats Squid
I just got some mad dj pics put on to cd but they are all too big to put up
(arounf 1.3 mb) how do i compress them so they will work?

They are in jpg format already

Sommoner

Likes Dirt
What you will need to do is open them in Adobe Photo Shop or another graphics program and save them again but lower the quality/dpi (dots per square inch)

Bonnet

Likes Dirt
you can also convert them from a 16-base, which is probally why they are so big, to a 4-base jpg. if you got them off a digi cam and had a photo lab burn 'em for ya, they would be at 16-base...thats what we do at my shop. otherwise, just drop the Dpi, and save it at jpg quality 4.

curtisrider

Eats Squid
They were off a normal camera and i've just got the base windows 95 photoshop.

I worked out a way to do it though i just resaved em as jpegs again.

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if you can, make the dimensions abouy 700 ish on the longest edge, i'm not sure if you can, but set the jpeg compression to about 30-40%

Mason

Likes Dirt
You could shrink them in Paint, that works for my pictures. Just decrese the pictures size, because if they are 1.3 megs, I imagine that they are big, so it wouldn't hert to shrink them a bit.

stewyg

Likes Bikes
theres a number of ways and all have been said above, but 1.3MB for a pic is pretty big, how much space on ur screen does it take up?

wombat

Lives in a hole
Yeah I'm with Stewy, even a full quality jpeg would have to be pretty damn big to take up 1.3M.

scotty beefs

Likes Dirt
heres the easiest way using the worlds best program...generic microsoft paint...open your pic with paint, go Image then go to Stretch/Skew and do say 50% horizontal 50% vertical and voila a resized pic...i do it to all my pics.