Photography

Lachy_d

Likes Bikes
I dont know if its just me, but it seems like alot of other Mountain Bikers are taking up some sort of Photography these days.
I for one am very keen on the Topic.
i really want to do photography (whether it be bike or landscape) as a job, hopefully for the rest of my life. but i dont know how to go about this!
does anyone have any sugestions?
thanx heaps

poppa_johns

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I dont know if its just me, but it seems like alot of other Mountain Bikers are taking up some sort of Photography these days.
I for one am very keen on the Topic.
i really want to do photography (whether it be bike or landscape) as a job, hopefully for the rest of my life. but i dont know how to go about this!
does anyone have any sugestions?
thanx heaps
same as me mate, i am hopefully doing it for work experiance soon. cant wait

Sam.

Eats Squid
Im sorry to be the photosnob I am. But how do you know you want to be a photographer for the rest of your life if you havent already started it... Theres alot more to it than pressing a button and getting S1ck shots. I have just broken the tip in learning of what there is to understand and I have been at it for a year, thats with on average I would say spending two hours per night learning and talking about photography. I must also mention that it doesnt pay very well, I think you will find that making a living out of MTB photography is very hard.

Lachy_d

Likes Bikes
nah,i have done photography for about a year now, and every shot i get is better than the last, i just wanted to know how i could maybe break into the scene?

jamsta

Jamsta Grafix
nah,i have done photography for about a year now, and every shot i get is better than the last, i just wanted to know how i could maybe break into the scene?
Do a course, even if it's a short course. Also, learn the old school technique of processing film yourself. YES, FILM! You'll need an understanding of the "real" photo world before any other "pro" will take you serious. Chat to as many pro photographers that will listen to you and DON'T pigeon hole yourself by only shooting one style either, shoot because you like photography, not because you like MTB.

There's tonnes on cash out there for photographers, don't be fooled.

Good luck, stay focussed! ;)