Pic Upload Fail

mtb1611

Seymour
Greeting IT people. Keep getting a fail message when attempting to attach images to posts, via all manner of browser - any suggestions? Am on a mac, if that's relevant.
Cheers

Flow-Rider

Burner
Greeting IT people. Keep getting a fail message when attempting to attach images to posts, via all manner of browser - any suggestions? Am on a mac, if that's relevant.
Cheers
If you have large photos from your phone or camera, you need to make them smaller by resizing them. Well, that's what happens on my Samsung S4.:rant:

mtb1611

Seymour
If you have large photos from your phone or camera, you need to make them smaller by resizing them. Well, that's what happens on my Samsung S4.:rant:
Worked a treat (hadn't checked the image size and turns out it was huuuuuge). Thanks Flow-Rider!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
From my casual observations, image files need to be under 2mb to upload successfully. There is also a few image file types that are unable to be uploaded as well. This includes .png and screenshots for me.

mtb1611

Seymour
From my casual observations, image files need to be under 2mb to upload successfully. There is also a few image file types that are unable to be uploaded as well. This includes .png and screenshots for me.
Thanks mate will keep that in mind too.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Speaking of pic upload fails, anyone else having issues where you go to upload a pic and it gets rotated 90 degrees after upload? If I open the pic in MS Paint or something similar, then save a copy and re-upload it stays in the correct orientation.

mtb1611

Seymour
More pic upload issues.....this time "invalid file" message, despite the pics all being jpegs (with this extension) and under 200kb. Any suggestions?! Cheers

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
More pic upload issues.....this time "invalid file" message, despite the pics all being jpegs (with this extension) and under 200kb. Any suggestions?! Cheers
What is the source of your files? Camera, download, Bluetooth, screenshot? It seems that newer file sources are difficult to upload, probably the forum tech not keeping up with the media progress. There is also perhaps an effort to protect copyright.

When I have a file type that isn't working my current work around is to text it to myself and then download it back onto my phone. The quality will be questionable, but they upload. Phone is android.

mtb1611

Seymour
What is the source of your files? Camera, download, Bluetooth, screenshot? It seems that newer file sources are difficult to upload, probably the forum tech not keeping up with the media progress. There is also perhaps an effort to protect copyright.

When I have a file type that isn't working my current work around is to text it to myself and then download it back onto my phone. The quality will be questionable, but they upload. Phone is android.
Was just uploading them straight from desktop.....converted to png and worked ok.....odd!