Pics of injuries, crashes etc

zerotrails

Likes Bikes
Just thought it might be interesting to see what kind of injuries or crash pics people have had over the years. im sure everyone has a story or pics of that one big crash! ill get the ball rolling with the pics of my ankle after i crashed riding some trails south of perth. I did a severe open wound dislocation with fractures on my left ankle. the local hospital was 2 mins from the trails, bad news, no doctors. a shot of pethadine and back into the car for the 2 hour drive back to perth, and on my b'day no less haha!
4 months on crutches, a few screws later and its good as gold!

Attachments

DeBloot

Feeling old
yeh, it's been done but it's always good to see some new gore. How the hell did you manage that? :eek:

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^^^^^ Thats nasty! ^^^^

Side view xray of my arm... wasnt to pleasent.

Far out!! that would of freakin kaned like all shit! did they put you under before moving it back into line or did they just hoik it back?? man... nasty

Beno1571

Likes Dirt
Looking for the x-rays now. I snapped my elbow in half and the bone popped out. I was in grade 4 and did it on the monkey bars. just thought i would add that, sorry its not a riding one. it took 8 weeks to heal with 2 screws and a pin. and all i got now is the scar and xrays.

zerotrails

Likes Bikes
yeh, it's been done but it's always good to see some new gore. How the hell did you manage that? :eek:
well i didnt wash any of my speed of over the first jump and instead of pumping and flowing through i just went sailing over where i was supposed to land, stuck out a foot and took the whole weight of the bike and myself through my left ankle and i guess it couldnt handle the 100 odd kgs and decided to dislocate and rip a massive hole in my ankle. i actually ended up landing on the bottom of the up ramp for the next double and then after my ankle snapped i ended up smashing onto my face and doing a few flips on the ground. sweet as.

DeBloot

Feeling old
well i didnt wash any of my speed of over the first jump and instead of pumping and flowing through i just went sailing over where i was supposed to land, stuck out a foot and took the whole weight of the bike and myself through my left ankle and i guess it couldnt handle the 100 odd kgs and decided to dislocate and rip a massive hole in my ankle. i actually ended up landing on the bottom of the up ramp for the next double and then after my ankle snapped i ended up smashing onto my face and doing a few flips on the ground. sweet as.
Ouch. Don't you hate it when you know you've done some bad damage. And then the pain moderates enough to look :eek: And all you can think is 'how long off the bike this time?' :mad: :( Good luck with the recovery.

zerotrails

Likes Bikes
ha well i wasnt sure what i had done until my mate came over and he pulled up my pants, pulled my sock down and said 'fuck theres bone!! wheres the hospital!?' haha. it didnt hurt like i thought it would though, i imagined it would be alot worse. pulling my sock out of the wound was what hurt the most. i did it back in september, its pretty much back to normal now. ive got a pretty decent scar tho, ill take a pic and put it up.