Pics of trails progress. Show dem if ya gots dem!

pharskie

Likes Bikes
Seeing how this part if the forum seems to be dead I thought I would try entice some interest. Show some of your hard work.

These are the trails we have been workin on. Just the two of us have done 99% of what we have so far. We are trying to steer away from the usual straight line sets and make it more interesting with multiple lines and hips.
Tomorrow we are finishing the next set which is the hip to 270* berm.

pharskie

Likes Bikes

Landing 90% done. Just needs to set and have a final pack in. The berm goes around behind where the photo was taken then come out on the left of the down ramp back down the hill

pharskie

Likes Bikes
Will do on the videos. Just got to get a couple more bits done so we can have a solid ride.
We decided that once we have a few sets we would do some solid riding but until then we will pretty much dig, dig, dig some more, hit them a couple times to make sure everything is sweet then keep digging.
Looking forward to getting the drop down roller between this jump so we can have a huge left hand hip after it.

seems you have some pretty nice land to build on, awesome that more people are building real trails, not just jumps.

i havnt been on here in ages, this is what ive been up to. we have 2 lines, first pic is Bobsled Run, because its straight down a fuck off big hill, and second is Get Bent, which will have minimal straight jumps and lots of weird techy stuff. still lots to do, but having 2 lines with some berms and rollers and stuff is pretty good for 6 months.

we have ridden them a handful of times to test them, a trail boss is always digging! we want to get 2 lines running for summer when its too hot and dry to dig, so we are also flat out trying to get things done.

Last edited:

pharskie

Likes Bikes
seems you have some pretty nice land to build on, awesome that more people are building real trails, not just jumps.

i havnt been on here in ages, this is what ive been up to. we have 2 lines, first pic is Bobsled Run, because its straight down a fuck off big hill, and second is Get Bent, which will have minimal straight jumps and lots of weird techy stuff. still lots to do, but having 2 lines with some berms and rollers and stuff is pretty good for 6 months.

we have ridden them a handful of times to test them, a trail boss is always digging! we want to get 2 lines running for summer when its too hot and dry to dig, so we are also flat out trying to get things done.
That looks nice man. You in NSW?

yes, they are in nsw.

no, you are not invited.

and yeah Matt, theyre just about done, can still dig in the late arvo or early morning, but not without heaps of water.

we store rain water through a drainage system with numerous dams on the way down (you can see an example of the duct leading into a pit dug in the side in the photo), as well as plastic drums. were soon investing in a 1000L drum with a tap, and syphoning out of a spring further up the hill.

we are building on a steep hill so at the bottom of it, we can store a few hundred litres if needed, all up our stockpile is probably in excess of 1000L at the moment but its going quick as these trails are thirsty, being so exposed.

Last edited:

pharskie

Likes Bikes
yes, they are in nsw.

no, you are not invited.

and yeah Matt, theyre just about done, can still dig in the late arvo or early morning, but not without heaps of water.
I only asked as the soil looks similar to the ones up past Hornsby I went to a few years ago.

No need for the nazi, "fuck off attitude"

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I only asked as the soil looks similar to the ones up past Hornsby I went to a few years ago.

No need for the nazi, "fuck off attitude"
I feel it is 100% justified.

your landscape looks like something from over here pharskie! good too see people getting stuff done!

I haven't been on here in forever but I managed to resurrect my computer haha so here's what we dug, still needs heaps of work.

https://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net...=8a3a51703a8ebd259163244c2d674952&oe=55010E24

pharskie

Likes Bikes