Piercings

DARTY18

Likes Bikes
ok, im thinking of getting my eyebrow pierced.
has anyone had any issues with it rubbing or getting irritated while wearing a full face helmet?
i have 00 gauge plugs in each ear, i have too take these out each time i ride, as the helmet squashes my ear lobes, when i put my full face on ....
help appreciated
Go for it, my fullface misses my eyebrow completely no rubbing catching ect, hardly even know it is there. Biggest issue is wearing goggles with spikes, edge of them sits right on top of the piercing. Be careful when you put them on/take them as i have had a few tangles:eek:

|Matt|

Banned
For anyone wanting to get their labret done (maybe mine more counts as a low-bret as its a little lower than usual), I'm just putting out some care tips for people who were as paranoid as I was about getting it and want some first hand information.

Yes it does hurt (mine did anyway, some people seem to say theirs didn't at all), but no more than any decent bike related injury. I got it done at Essential beauty for $30. After I had gotten it done, I found out Essential Beauty are pretty dodgy apparently with their hygiene and such, but my labret turned out perfect. Perfect placing etc, so I wasn't upset.

It isn't hard to take care of, especially if you are hygenic as it is with your oral care (brushing twice a day etc). When I got mine, for the first 2 weeks, I would drink nothing but water and every time I ate ANYTHING, I would brush and listerine. - I was this paranoid because I had schoolies 2 weeks adn 4 days after I got it done and I wanted it to heal as much as possible. I also made a saline solution, pretty strong one, 1 full teaspoon of sea salt to 1/4 cup of warm to hot water. Mix it up, put it on a cotton ball or tissue and push the back of it with your tongue as hard as you find comfortable and clean the bar and ball carefully. Make sure you get all of it, and then after you are done just wiping it off, soak the tissue, and without squeezing the excess out, drip the water down your chin so it goes into the hole, then turn the bar side ways and push it in and out a few times to get the salt water good and in there. DON'T play with it with your tongue too much. I did, but mine never got infected, so I was lucky, but apparently a lot of the time when people's oral piercings get infected is because they play with it with their fingers and tongue. I always touch mine with my fingers, but its fully healed so its probably less of a problem. Mine did not get infected ONCE during the healing process. Everyone that I know that has had an oral piercing has had it infected at least once.

It will crust up in the first week or so. I got shit scared because during the healing process, mine got crusted on the bar, and it would get stuck in the hole, then, when I moved it, it would pull it out (and I thought it was breaking a scab, but rather its just a piece of shit on the bar). To get rid of it, just hold the saline tissue over it and it should dissolve. I used to just rub it/pick at it with my fingernail and then clean the area with the saline.

They will tell you no smoking, oral sex or kissing for a month as well no alcohol or soft drink for at least 2 weeks. - I can vouch for the alcohol part, and I must suggest that you wait longer than 2 weeks. On Schoolies, after 2 days I noticed a puffed up white ring around the inside of it. I assumed it was just healing, but I noticed that after I had been home for a few days, it went away. So yeah, alcohol is a no no.

Healing time is anywhere between 6 to 12 weeks. I dunno how long mine took, but I know I changed to a 10mm bar from an 8mm (there actually is a huge difference) at the 6 week mark, and I stretched from 16 gauge (1.2mm) to a 14 gauge (1.6mm) at around the 10 to 11 week mark. I may go up to a 12 gauge (2.0mm I think), but the back is already rubbing my teeth a little when I do certain things with my mouth, so I don't really wanna make that any worse. When I had the 16 gauge, it never rubbed at all.

When you first get it and you try to eat big things like burgers, it WILL get in the way and hurt and get stuck on your gums and stuff, but when you get used to it and get a shorter bar, it will go away. I don't notice its there most of the time, except I do play with it a lot so that does remind me about it.

I think I covered everything that I wanted to, any more questions about oral piercings just ask.

Last edited:

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
only just started getting piercings. have left nipple and an industrial.

what's all this right side gay business?

plans are a couple on the left ear, other nipple then MAYBE some facial ones but really doesn't appeal to me that much.

anyone seen some cool/unusual piercings? the other option is something totally left of field like a subdermal implant but not sure where i'd wanna go for that (not horns lol)

daever

lunatic rant extraordinaire
How are you supposed to blow up party balloons with holes in your cheeks? He really didn't think that one through...

Then again I bet you could eat food sideways. Which is a plus.

|Matt|

Banned
How are you supposed to blow up party balloons with holes in your cheeks? He really didn't think that one through...

Then again I bet you could eat food sideways. Which is a plus.
If he ever went to prison, he'd be everyone's favourite inmate.

daever

lunatic rant extraordinaire
If he ever went to prison, he'd be everyone's favourite inmate.
haha, yea he's pretty much turned his cheeks into handles.

As for the OP, I think two in one lip is a bit too much, but one is sweet, even if its not a labret and off to the side.

|Matt|

Banned
haha, yea he's pretty much turned his cheeks into handles.
I was more thinking 'love orifices'. :p

I personally think on guys, snakebites or labret. None of this one on one side nonsense. I was gonna get snakebites but I thought that they had been done to death, plus I thought labret would suit me better. Might go for an eyebrow stud soon, but then I don't really want a nice bald patch in my eyebrow afterwards.

GOD12A

Likes Dirt
Heya KAVOOSH!!

Ive had my eyebrow done a few times. But my body doesnt like them there. They grew out within 12 months.

I now have my tongue webbing done.

NO it doesnt hurt, YES i can talk fine and NO its never given me a problem.
(thought id clarify coz i get those questions EVERY time i show someone...)

Mark :)

|Matt|

Banned
^^^^

A friend of mine has his smiley done (the webbing on your top lip) and I have always wondered why, like, no one will ever see it? Can you shed any light, or did you get it for a more 'I want it so I'll get it, don't care if you can see it or not' kind of thing?

GOD12A

Likes Dirt
^^^^

A friend of mine has his smiley done (the webbing on your top lip) and I have always wondered why, like, no one will ever see it? Can you shed any light, or did you get it for a more 'I want it so I'll get it, don't care if you can see it or not' kind of thing?
I also have a mate with a very small gauge ring under his top lip, can only see it if he smiles!! Looks awesome :)

I got mine coz i like to be different. I didnt get it to showoff, i didnt get it to start conversations with feral pub skanks, i just got it coz i wanted it. Like carbon handlebars, i dont need them, they wont make me any faster, but i jus wannem :D

Mark!!

Doggy

Inconceivable!
Yes, been thinking about getting a bar through the top of my right ear ...scaffolding as such just to balance up the bits of metal in me but one must wait until boring old bills and shiz are paid before I go stabbing myself.
Does the tongue webbing heal up fairly quickly, have been intrigued about it for a while but one thinks it may clash with the tongue stud and labret. Would be a pain to get bits caught:eek:

s_govers01

Likes Dirt
i got the top of my ear done and they wanted me to take it out so i changed from a catholic school to a public school and i have never been happier.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
i got the top of my ear done and they wanted me to take it out so i changed from a catholic school to a public school and i have never been happier.
I've got to say, that's the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard. You changed schools solely because of a piercing...? Please inform me if there's any more to the story, but it sounds like you made the decision based on one tiny factor like having a ring in the top of your ear.

I'd say 20% of my year (guys and girls) at my posh, prestigious, pretentious North Shore Catholic private school had body piercings, and easily overcame the "take it out" rule without any drama (or having to leave the school).

|Matt|

Banned
I'm thinking of getting both my ears pierced, just the standard earlobe one, however, I quite often get swollen lymph nodes in my ear lobes. Is this a problem and should I not get it done because of my tendency to get the lymph nodes? Will the piercing make them hurt more than they already do? Will the piercing burst the lymph nodes?

I would also be interested in stretching them to maybe 10 or 12mm (but that will probably increase over time...haha).

I'm also thinking about getting my eyebrow done, and maybe an industrial ear piercing.

Mr Sheen

Likes Dirt
I would also be interested in stretching them to maybe 10 or 12mm (but that will probably increase over time...haha).

Once you start it can be hard to stop. I planed on going to 8mm in 1 ear. Im now at 18mm in both. The main reason iv stopped going any bigger is i cant get my head out of a fullface once its on.

|Matt|

Banned
Once you start it can be hard to stop. I planed on going to 8mm in 1 ear. Im now at 18mm in both. The main reason iv stopped going any bigger is i cant get my head out of a fullface once its on.
Hahaha yeah. I got my labret done at 16g. Then I thought hmm, maybe I should go a little bigger. So I'm at 14 at the moment, now I wanna go to at least 10... damn piercings hahah.