pike 454 problems

fop1

Likes Bikes
hey guys i've got a pike 454, which is leaking air from the negative chamber, i can hear a hissing coming from the fork whenever i compress it.

I've had it at a shop and they said they fixed it but didn't. it was also leaking oil from the u-turn adjuster when upside down, i haven't put it upside down to test that problem yet.

anyway i hate not having my bike for more than a couple days, and don't really want to take it back whilst they try and figure out the problem. My question is does anybody know any for servicing experts around? especially for my fork?

Welshy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey guys i've got a pike 454, which is leaking air from the negative chamber, i can hear a hissing coming from the fork whenever i compress it.

I've had it at a shop and they said they fixed it but didn't. it was also leaking oil from the u-turn adjuster when upside down, i haven't put it upside down to test that problem yet.

anyway i hate not having my bike for more than a couple days, and don't really want to take it back whilst they try and figure out the problem. My question is does anybody know any for servicing experts around? especially for my fork?
Have you actually compressed your forks a few times then checked the PSI?

It could just be excess air in the lowers, I have this problem with my Boxxers.

a-line

Likes Dirt
i have Pike 454's and Boxxer world cups, both air forks. both make that sound (pikes more noticeable) you are on about and it is nothing to worry about, unless you are loosing psi.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Ok Mr fop1, have you physically attached a shock pump to your forks to confirm that they are loosing air, and not just sounding like they are loosing air? (You are using a shock pump yes?)

Also, is the valve 'centered' (ie. is that little pin that you depress to let air out in the center of the valve and not off-center or damaged in any way?) Let all the air out and pump your forks back up again, ensuring that the valve is correctly sealed.

if you have had the bike upside down, leave it for 30 seconds or so for the oil to run back 'down' into its respective chambers within the damper etc. Righting your bike then bouncing on the fork is not good as often, oil is still all in the wrong places, and it can sound like 'air' escaping as such.