Pimp my Trek!

Anna85

Likes Bikes
Hi All, I have a XC race bike, DH bike and a roadie, but keen on getting a fun trail bike. I have been seriously considering a Trek remedy (150mm travel front and rear) as a fun trail bike - but problem is - being a girl... i cant buy an ugly bike!! and the 2012 treks come in... brown and black ... eugh! how can i pimp my ride to make it look sick, or do you have any pics of what you have done to your bike to give me ideas!

cheers!

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
When I bought my last DH bike (gunmetal grey) my girlfriend bought me a pretty pink basket and some handelbar streamers as she thought it was ugly. The addition of a pretty basket took 10 seconds off my best time at the local.

guitar1234

Likes Dirt
Hi All, I have a XC race bike, DH bike and a roadie, but keen on getting a fun trail bike. I have been seriously considering a Trek remedy (150mm travel front and rear) as a fun trail bike - but problem is - being a girl... i cant buy an ugly bike!! and the 2012 treks come in... brown and black ... eugh! how can i pimp my ride to make it look sick, or do you have any pics of what you have done to your bike to give me ideas!

cheers!
Have you seen one in the flesh, not ugly at all:biggrin:
If you still don't like it maybe some pink Lock-ons, headset spacers, seat clamp etc.

Exie

Likes Dirt

cheers!
Also depends on what YOU consider "pimped" ? There's lots of light weight items you could change .... ceramic bearings, carbon rims, bars, seat post.. you could also bling it out with gadgets, stick a helmet cam on, a GPS, fancy lights etc.

As you've specifically mentioned the color, there are lots of ano bolt kits, the Token ones look pretty neat, or you could go all out with a matching CK pink kit with matching headset, hubs, cranks etc....

If you were really committed, you could get a new bike, strip the frame and get it powder coated or anodized or something, any color you like, or even take it to an air brusher and get it detailed, maybe some pin stripes. :)

Let us know what you end up with, post a pic!

T-Rex

Template denier
Forget about the bike, get yourself a nicely co-ordinated kit from TLD.

Last edited:

Norco Maniac

Is back!
you'd pimp it why? we women cop enough flack and i for one would rather ride a bike that's customised for my riding style regardless of how it looks.

Anna85

Likes Bikes
you'd pimp it why? we women cop enough flack and i for one would rather ride a bike that's customised for my riding style regardless of how it looks.
Yes! you do have a point! ...but having one that looks nice is also still good! im just talking a play trail bike.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Get it sprayed matt black, then go nuts with anodised bolts/headset/hubs/seat clamp etc in whatever colour you like. matt black plus colour highlights always looks mint.