Pinkbike Academy (competition)

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Just on ep2 now. I didn't think anything could beat the excitement of a basic bike build from ep1, but holy shit, how good was watching them all change a tube.

Last edited:

danncam

Likes Dirt
The biggest surprise was why are they running tubes? If it was because of a tube sponsor that backfired.
It is such an amateur attempt at a reality show, the weirdness of the fitness model, but yet...still fun to watch.

moorey

call me Mia
Just on ep2 now. I didn't think anything could beat the excitement of a basic bike build from ep1, but holy shit, how good was watching them all change a tube.
The biggest surprise was why are they running tubes? If it was because of a tube sponsor that backfired.
It is such an amateur attempt at a reality show, the weirdness of the fitness model, but yet...still fun to watch.
Wait....tubes? Imagine getting them to try Cushcore.
Only watched the first in deal that went sour with @hifiandmtb. Absolutely won’t be watching more. Anyone who’s got through vetting for this show, hoping to become a professional rider, that struggled to attach assemble bars, fit wheels, and screw in pedals....let alone change a tube...just confirms my belief that it’s a mockumentary. Every major player on there I saw looked like a montage of every endurbro cliche possible.
If it isn’t fake, they worked hard to make it appear so.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
But then that flat?
Its all a bit staged (suprising) 'change' the tube but there didnt look to be any old tubes coming out, just sealant.

Maybe the cushcore install will be for the semi-final.

EP2 will be my last viewing.

ozzybmx

It's such a pity not to continue watching it when you've invested so much into it so far.
2 x 20mins, went from 10 contestants to 9... reckon if I cut my losses at 40 mins, instead of risking a potential 8 x 20mins in the future if one gets eliminated each episode, so theres at least another 3 hours viewing.

Kever know, I might be seceretly addicted and will check in next week out of curiosity ;)

moorey

call me Mia
Alot of prominent female gravity racers pointing out on social media that orbea didnt seem to have budget to stretch to a female ews racer but have found 25k to throw at this bullshit
And it’s a fair point...though Orbea would say it’s a marketing exercise to grow the brand do that they can take on a female racer.
Because marketing.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Alot of prominent female gravity racers pointing out on social media that orbea didnt seem to have budget to stretch to a female ews racer but have found 25k to throw at this bullshit
It's great marketing for their MyO program, arguably much more so than hiring an additional EWS rider if the show becomes popular.

Got halfway through the first episode and had to stop, tried again for Ep.2 and once they actually started riding bikes I got into it more. The comparison across what appears to be a wide ranging array of riding styles and skillsets is pretty interesting.

I don't hate it..... which would make it a first for a reality TV show for me (unless Cutthroat Kitchen counts)

ozzybmx

Seen it pop up on my YouTube feed... been busy though...

Ben reminds me of my kids, cocky little c#%t thats full of himself and knows it all.

Nah, they aren't that bad, but close... and potential to be similar.

Might watch it later :)