pitch's?

haltz

Likes Dirt
I came across the specialized pitch's i like the look of them but havnt heard much of them, any reason why?

megsy

Squid
I got one.

I bought a 2011 Pitch Pro about 6 months ago, the Pitch carries my 120kg no worries on typical all mountain style riding. I love it! Though Im pretty inexperienced in MTB.
Do a search on www.mtbr.com in the forum section, the pitch has a big following and is highly rated!

Cheers

guitar1234

Likes Dirt
Awesome bike and great value like all Specialized's
I also know a guy that races the VIC DH Series on his Pitch and he loves it.

haltz

Likes Dirt
pretty sold on them i was about a 10 minute trip back to the shop to buy a reign after the nomad i looked at today was a bit too much bike than i was lookin for luckily i decided to look around a bit more, im getting the prices this week on the left over pitch comps and theres some demo pitch pro's left too i should get a good price on

megsy

Squid
Haha I was just about to buy a 2011 REIGN 1 at $2100 when the 2011 PITCH PRO was reduced from $3K to $2550. This was 6months ago so you be able to get the Pro for that or cheaper if theres any left. Good luck!

Cheers

botch

Likes Bikes
there's a 2011 pitch pro for sale on here.

awesome bike, only made from '08 to '11. shame, but oh well.

i bought mine in may, and i love it. by mate bought one at the same time, so we got a deal on them both, then another mutual friend picked up an '08 Pro for a really good price.

haltz

Likes Dirt
Don't mention the one on here for sale I only seen it for the first time today when I searched the forum, asked him if he still had it...it sold last night on eBay for $1025

benketch

Likes Bikes
DSC_0057[1].jpg

I couldn't resist the opportunity to post my 2010 pitch comp.

I've upgraded quite a few parts including a DHX 5.0 air rear shock, new internals in the pike forks, reverb dropper seat post, new wheels with XT rear hub and DT swiss front hub, XT front brake, sunline bars, nukeproof pedals.

I really like this bike and I've used it on everything from DH comp tracks at you yangs and buller to long all-day xc rides.

haltz

Likes Dirt
View attachment 217716

I couldn't resist the opportunity to post my 2010 pitch comp.

I've upgraded quite a few parts including a DHX 5.0 air rear shock, new internals in the pike forks, reverb dropper seat post, new wheels with XT rear hub and DT swiss front hub, XT front brake, sunline bars, nukeproof pedals.

I really like this bike and I've used it on everything from DH comp tracks at you yangs and buller to long all-day xc rides.
Love it! That's sick

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Shame Specialized has dropped it from their range. The Pitch is a great trail/do anything bike for Australia. I suppose it's not arguably better than a cheaper Reign.
I've had my Pitch for a few years now, and still dig it. Great all round bike. Specialized should have kept it, and dropped the pricing.

haltz

Likes Dirt
My local specialized dealer didn't seem keen on parting with the left over pitchs and wanted to charge the same as they did last year so I kept looking and ended up with a 2 month old 2012 reign 1 for 1900, had my first ride on it yesterday couldn't be more stoked with it

brutasauras

Likes Dirt
My local specialized dealer didn't seem keen on parting with the left over pitchs and wanted to charge the same as they did last year so I kept looking and ended up with a 2 month old 2012 reign 1 for 1900, had my first ride on it yesterday couldn't be more stoked with it
the reigns are a great bike, except they have no way of attaching a full chain device which to me was and still is a deal breaker. The pitch has always had ISCG tabs and a standard size shock (200 x 57 ) unlike the enduro (216 x 52) and it also has space to fit a coil shock with standard mounting hardware (getting rare on a lot of new frames). my pitch is an 08 model with a ccdb on the rear and puts to shame a lot of bikes i have test road costing twice the price. damn shame there gone

haltz

Likes Dirt
Yeah I was a little bit worried about not being able to do that it, but my main buying point that made me jump on the reign besides the steal of a price was how good I knew it would look hangin next to my glory haha

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
VERY good bikes. I've built mine right up from the stock build and I'm amazed at what you can do on them. I'm running 1x10 now and haven't found a climb I couldn't clear yet. Just needs a dropper post and it'll be perfect.