Places to ride DH in Aus

Hi im travelling up the East Coast from Brisbane to Cairns where is there to do DH within 2 hours from the (1) Highway Thanks James

Ps. if there is none where are all the DH tracks/races in Aus

Kram

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There's a few good spots in Brisbane, but I hear Cairns is where it's at.

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
also check out townsville and castle hill(ther castle hill). I am sure bazza will be able to help you out with this one.

big dan

Likes Dirt
Oh yeah...so basically you could hit up brisbane, then mapleton on the sunshine coast, mackay, townsville and then finish in cairns which has some amazing riding. That would be a sweet trip

bazza

look at me
yer if you are going to pull into townsville phone number is 47797540. if you cant contact me and are in a hurry try qcs bike store they are the only bike store with a dh rider.

chalker

Likes Bikes
if your goin past Dayboro u should drop into the australian mtb park at the hiltop oasis! that is the best place

Have fun might c u out there

rockyash

Likes Dirt
You will have to pass through Rockhampton on your way up the coast. We don't have a proper DH race course, but we have a pretty dope track that is a rough downhill run that lasts for about 30 mins. Plus you can drive to the top on bitumen road.

Go and see the fellas at Tuckers cycle inn on High st, or PM j5ive or dazonic, they are always keen for a ride. Esspecially if your passing through on a weekend.

Yeah, Kitchant dam in Mackay is worth going to also.