Places to ride in Australia, any good bike parks?

Henrique_dh

Cannon Fodder
Whats up guys, My name is Henrique and i'm going to Australia in January 2011 and i was thinking to stay there for a year.
I will spend my firts month in Brisbane - QLD, so i was wondering if you guys can give me some tips about places to ride, bike parks near to Brisbane, etc...
Thanks for the help!

tumble

Likes Dirt
There's no bike parks near Brisbane, only a dozen or so downhill trails within 20 minutes to 1 hour drive of the city, majority of which are not legal & kept secret.
When you get here the best thing will be to visit one or two bike shops, buy something & ask them nicely for locations.

wertmewert

Likes Dirt
A mountain bike park is going to be opened pritty soon not sure when though. Should be able to find it on google or somthing, It is called Mt Joyce MTB Park.

SouthYarraSage

Likes Dirt
Whats up guys, My name is Henrique and i'm going to Australia in January 2011 and i was thinking to stay there for a year.
I will spend my firts month in Brisbane - QLD, so i was wondering if you guys can give me some tips about places to ride, bike parks near to Brisbane, etc...
Thanks for the help!
Go to New Zealand instead. Got mountains, yo.

tumble

Likes Dirt
A mountain bike park is going to be opened pritty soon not sure when though. Should be able to find it on google or somthing, It is called Mt Joyce MTB Park.
April, so it probably wont be open when he's here.
Mt Joyce MTB Park
More of a trail network which happens to have 2 downhill trails. Time will tell if it should be called a "park".

Last edited:

Craftworks

Craftworks
Here in RAdelaide SA we have quite a few to chose from...

Eagle Mountain Bike park - XC/FR/DJ?DH We are having the Nationals here early next year.. no access for trailer runs.. except race day. 15mins from CBD

Mitcham Trails XC/FR/4X/DH - can do trailer runs, 10 from CBD

Fox Creak XC and DH and easy to do car runs.. 45 mins for CDB

Depending if/when you are here you could take a Crafty for a spin...

KG

liquidfreak

Cannon Fodder
Sorry for highjacking your thread Henrique (found a link from SDH). I too am looking at moving to Ayr in January, google searches and google maps are not bringing up any good signs of DH, is there anything nearby?

Thanks
Andy

Ryan

Radministrator
I don't think there's any downhill anywhere near Ayr as there aren't any mountains anywhere near Ayr unfortunately, closest DH would have to be in Townsville; Mount Stuart.

THE CHENZ

Likes Dirt
A DH sorta place? In Queensland?

Do not even bother with Brisbane, head to Cairns mate.
This place will get your DH addiction sorted. Cairns
DH is the heartbeat of this city.Cairns
Change your flights, I`d advise.......Cairns ;)

spongebob

Likes Dirt
'Henrique dh' sounds like you sorta like DH old chap. Once you get out of Brisbane there is a good DH area called CAIRNS a little way up the road. Don't listen to Chenz , he is a nut. I think you should come to CAIRNS instead.