Places to ride within 8hrs of Brisbane???

kl3ggy

Likes Dirt
Hey guys. Looking for a place to ride this coming week. Don't mind driving, but probably no more than 8hrs.

Where is somewhere within that time frame that's worth the trip? Looking to get a day or two's riding in.

Chuck out some ideas!!

kl3ggy

Likes Dirt
Awesome. I'll google those.

I've been to gap creek, nerang, castle hill, and hiddenvale. All of which I couldn't spend 2 days solid riding at.

Would love to go to you yangs, stromlo, or Buller but that's abit far to drive only for 2 days :(

I'll have a look at that website aswell.

Any other suggestions?

PhillipJ

Likes Bikes
Mt Joyce is pretty fun for a few hours. It's a huge climb to the top but the descents are worth it. Rideable on a 100mm 29er or a long-travel hard tail but you'll want a 5"+ bike to fully enjoy it.
Brisbane Mountain Bike Shuttles (http://brisbanemtbshuttles.com/, unaffiliated) run no-booking shuttles out there fairly often if you're not a hill climb kind of guy.

Toowoomba looks good too after the most recent SEQ Gravity Enduro round. I haven't ridden there but the video of it (check out Jarred Graves' Facebook) makes me want to go.

jackass'd

Likes Dirt
Mt Joyce is pretty fun for a few hours. It's a huge climb to the top but the descents are worth it. Rideable on a 100mm 29er or a long-travel hard tail but you'll want a 5"+ bike to fully enjoy it.
Brisbane Mountain Bike Shuttles (http://brisbanemtbshuttles.com/, unaffiliated) run no-booking shuttles out there fairly often if you're not a hill climb kind of guy.

Toowoomba looks good too after the most recent SEQ Gravity Enduro round. I haven't ridden there but the video of it (check out Jarred Graves' Facebook) makes me want to go.
Hey guys. Looking for a place to ride this coming week. Don't mind driving, but probably no more than 8hrs.

Where is somewhere within that time frame that's worth the trip? Looking to get a day or two's riding in.

Chuck out some ideas!!
We hit Mt Joyce today for the first time and it is legit! Its a shade over an hours drive depending on where in brissy you're heading from. We rode from 6am to midday - was too hot by then but we had hit enough trails to justify heading back for beers!!!

I'd choose it over daisy hill/mt cootha and possibly cornuiba - but we hit cornuiba most weekends.

kl3ggy

Likes Dirt
Great thanks for the info. Might hit up Mt Joyce then. Have heard its good. But by the sounds of it, it's pretty awesome!

Save Buller for when we got a decent amount of time

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Great thanks for the info. Might hit up Mt Joyce then. Have heard its good. But by the sounds of it, it's pretty awesome!

Save Buller for when we got a decent amount of time
OK, spill ya guts on where you went and how many wounds and scars you got