Places to stay/Hostels in Munich.

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So I'm off to Europe in 3 weeks! I have an unfortunate 2 day gap between landing in Munich, and our Oktoberfest tour starting. At this point in time, it would seem that every single bed in Munich is taken during the dates I need a bed (15 & 16th September).

If anyone knows of somewhere that is worth a try/might still have 2 beds available, and is cheap!!!!!! I would be forever in your debt!

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah sleeping in the terminal is a last resort at this stage... Would rather not, but heck I don't mind roughing it if we absolutley must!

Purt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah sleeping in the terminal is a last resort at this stage... Would rather not, but heck I don't mind roughing it if we absolutley must!
If you end up doing it check out: sleepinginairports.net

Good reviews and lets you know good places to sleep in airports. Munich seems to be pretty damn good.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I'd suggest staying a night or two in Berlin before hand (EastSeven is a great hostel) and catching a late night/early morning train down to Munich just before your Oktoberfest thing starts.. Where are you staying for Oktoberfest? Camping?

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That would be an option, except we're flying into munich from Australia, and are heading to Berlin after Munich... I've been emailing lots of B&B type places, as well as some private guest places (Living in someone's house). Hopefully something comes through... we can always wing it though!

stoff

Likes Dirt
If you were planning on jumping on a train somewhere as per Leitch's idea, I would recommend Salzburg. Not too far away and a really impressive city, with some good beer halls to boot.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
If you were planning on jumping on a train somewhere as per Leitch's idea, I would recommend Salzburg. Not too far away and a really impressive city, with some good beer halls to boot.
Yep, if you're going to be in Berlin after Munich, you'd be mad not to check out Salzburg beforehand - It's an awesome awesome little city and would be great for a two day jaunt.