Plasti Dip fo Grip Rack

ntj

Likes Dirt
My Gripsport triple DH rack just turned up a moment ago (thanks Grip -- looks good).

I was hoping to do the Plasti Dip treatment to the crank holders but I won't be able to get the stuff in time for my trip to Radelaide. It's no longer sold in shops.

I was wondering if anyone who has done the same had some left over I could grab/buy off them? (in Sydney)

Cheers
NTJ

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Alternative to plastidipping the crank holders, you could use some wide diameter electrical heatshrink and whack that onto the non drive crank arm.

gazzaed

Likes Dirt
Mate i bought the plasti dip stuff for my bike rack as well. It is EXTREMELY noxious, you should see how many warnings are on the tin. Look up the aussie website for it and you will find distributors in NSW. I bought it from a place in Hornsby, I think it was called Mitchell Engineering? Or something similar. It was about $60 delivered though but works like a charm. Still good a year later. Just put the rack upside down on some garbage bins and "dip" the crank holders.

ntj

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the suggestions. Bunnings had nothing, I'll just do the tyre tube trick until after the break and order some Plasti Dip.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I've put a bit of tube on the cranks (three bikes) and then covered that with heat shrink. Works really well and looks neat because the heat shrink tidies up the whole thing. Worth a go.

Wednesday

Likes Dirt
Clark Rubber sell an ultra thin industrial grade rubber that wraps well around your crank arm and fits in the holder (just). Perhaps a last minute option?