Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Study these charts:

50% renewables for the electricity sector represents roughly 12% of Straya's energy needs. At a daytime point in time.

We've a long way to go. Electrify FF industries while simultaneously ramping up renewables for the electricity system.

All while "The federal energy minister Angus Taylor says there is already too much wind and solar in the system."

We've not even begun to address this issue properly.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
only in straya can I be stuck in my office in melbs by torrential rain while listening to the abc and hearing nsw and qld are on fire everywhere, and snow in tassie. be safe northerners

Last edited:

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
“We have never seen this many fires concurrently at emergency warning level,” the NSW Rural Fire Service (NSW RFS) commissioner, Shane Fitzsimmons, told the ABC. “We are in uncharted territory.”
Get some CC up ya!

This is exactly how the SMEs (aka: scientists) said it would play out.

Incrementally worse every year.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
M'lady is doing fire operations at the moment. One crew trying to do property protection yesterday told her that the house they were trying to protect has six to eight inches of leaf litter across much of the roof...I'm not sure one can attribute CC to the demise of every house or building.

I know for a fact that our house would likely not survive a direct ember attack either. Located on the edge of a very large patch of dry woodland and surrounded by trees, it has numerous catch points for leaves, many gaps in the external timbers and minimal water availability. We are working to improve it to reduce its vulnerability but all the changes required won't happen for this summer...

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Read the article? It puts CC in context.

It's all about probabilities. Which are getting worse & will continue to do so.

Don't try to reframe this as a black & white issue.

silentbutdeadly

Read the article? It puts CC in context.

It's all about probabilities. Which are getting worse & will continue to do so.

Don't try to reframe this as a black & white issue.
I'm well aware of context and CC. I have researched and written CC impact and adaptation plans for regional NRM. I'm well aware how this shit is going to go down...

Don't try and reframe this as an us and them proposition. Or a doom and gloom is the only option scenario.

CC impacts are a problem primarily because people are stupid and these impacts merely exacerbate their stupidity.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Too many long dry winters and not enough rain. Surely we can't blame climate change for everything? How long has there been drought in nsw for this time? Act of climate clause on insurance coming soon!

Maybe we need some backpackers from Finland or was it Norway (?) to come and rake our forests..?

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I'm well aware of context and CC. I have researched and written CC impact and adaptation plans for regional NRM. I'm well aware how this shit is going to go down...

Don't try and reframe this as an us and them proposition. Or a doom and gloom is the only option scenario.

CC impacts are a problem primarily because people are stupid and these impacts merely exacerbate their stupidity.
Keen to read your plans - can you share them? Which scientific studies did you follow?

CC isn’t us versus them. It’s us versus us - we are all complicit in this planned, perfectly executed disaster.

[edit] Satellite image:

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Most of that smoke is over the ocean, so it isn't really a problem for us. Provably sucks to be a whale, but let the solve their problems.

silentbutdeadly

Keen to read your plans - can you share them? Which scientific studies did you follow?

CC isn’t us versus them. It’s us versus us - we are all complicit in this planned, perfectly executed disaster.

[edit] Satellite image:

I could but you need to have your nonsense filter fully engaged and accept that it is out of date from a regional policy perspective - I think I finished it in 2015. Plans like these are strongly influenced by both prevailing policy of the time and the prevailing funding paradigm. Even I'm not going to claim it made sixth fifths of fuck all difference...

As for the data it was based on...the CSIRO/BoM modelling available at Climate Change in Australia and the 3C vegetation impact modelling available from Terranova.org.au

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I hope that you green left commie SJWs do realise the massive down turn all your bleeding heart lies are causing to my share portfolio?